August 21, 2019, 12:53:26 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: whats going on here?????  (Read 1122 times)
Steve
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2019, 11:14:47 AM »

A like button would be a good thing.  Most forums now have them. It’s a way to show how many agree with a statement.  Another site I am on downeastboatforum has like buttons, it’s a good site.

The new forum software that I will be installing has a "Like" feature. As a matter of fact, it has a lot of really nice (modern) features that this current forum doesn't have.
Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

5 girls....and DONE!!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2019, 11:30:44 AM »

Only Lifetime members can lock their topics.

ok, good to know and didn't realize that others couldn't.  Like Mastercard says..... "Priceless"  Smiley
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 07:29:54 AM by Crabbyd » Logged

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, a crab in one hand, a beer in the other, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW--What a Ride!"
crabbymike17
Lifetime Member

The Crab Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2019, 09:02:19 PM »

You can "LOCK" your topics.

I was unaware of this.  Thank you D. 
samiam

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2019, 12:31:10 PM »

This forum doesn't need a "like" button. Unless you are trying to cater to teenagers who live their lives for them. I don't use any social media(except this), but have heard that even Instagram wants to do any with them.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/nicolemartin1/2019/04/30/instagram-may-be-getting-rid-of-likes-on-platform/#1fb6c08631d1

+1 A "like" button could exacerbate the "popularity contest" aspect of posting, and as a result could potentially result in even more factionalism. I'd recommend being very conservative about structural changes. The existing forum may have a few "clunky" aspects, but it works...
squidspeak

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2019, 12:43:10 PM »

What warrants an ignore sign on your screen name ,I feel left out. It seems everyone that posts has one. Am I
being left out? How do I get one?

Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

5 girls....and DONE!!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2019, 12:49:08 PM »

What warrants an ignore sign on your screen name ,I feel left out. It seems everyone that posts has one. Am I

You have one.  We can see it.  It is a button that allows users to ignore other users.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, a crab in one hand, a beer in the other, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW--What a Ride!"
samiam

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2019, 12:51:05 PM »

A superior, condescending attitude reflected in your posts, and replies that consistently disparage advice and observations offered in good faith by other users would be a very good way to start...
squidspeak

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2019, 01:01:06 PM »

A superior, condescending attitude reflected in your posts, and replies that consistently disparage advice and observations offered in good faith by other users would be a very good way to start...
Now obviously I was joking but I don't see a tab or button to hit. I hope I never get one but was curious
that 95% of members have an Ignore symbol on their screen post. Does someone bestow this honor upon you?
Summertop
Lifetime Member

Now the search begins!!

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2019, 01:19:20 PM »

You don't see it on yourself because why would you want to ignore yourself?  Others see it on you...

Now the search begins...
Steve
Administrator

« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2019, 02:00:37 PM »

You don't see it on yourself because why would you want to ignore yourself?  Others see it on you...

As the admin, I don't see that button for anyone (I can't ignore people). Now don't you feel sorry for me and what I have to put up with? lol

Summertop
Lifetime Member

Now the search begins!!

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2019, 02:17:02 PM »

As the admin, I don't see that button for anyone (I can't ignore people). Now don't you feel sorry for me and what I have to put up with? lol

I have tried many times to ignore you but you don't have a button, see what I have to put up with! Grin Grin laugh laugh

Now the search begins...
Steve
Administrator

« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2019, 03:25:25 PM »

I have tried many times to ignore you but you don't have a button, see what I have to put up with! Grin Grin laugh laugh

Touché!
Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

5 girls....and DONE!!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2019, 03:29:24 PM »

Touché!

laugh laugh laugh laugh

evinrude 130
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2019, 03:39:16 PM »

Grin Grin  Works for me and I use it.  laugh laugh laugh laugh
tom on the rocks
Supporting Member

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2019, 04:22:40 PM »

as being the original poster i appreciate the interest and info that has surfaced, but there are still people who love to hi jack a thread. there are many people on here who can not seperate good honest fun between posters and then turn it into a big peeing contest by a 3 rd party just because their skin is to thin to understand, kind of like dems vs republicans!!  have fun carry on with the spin. (totr) (tom on the rocks) go crabing and shut up. You Know who you are.

Steve
Administrator

« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2019, 04:31:56 PM »

as being the original poster i appreciate the interest and info that has surfaced, but there are still people who love to hi jack a thread. there are many people on here who can not seperate good honest fun between posters and then turn it into a big peeing contest by a 3 rd party just because their skin is to thin to understand, kind of like dems vs republicans!!  have fun carry on with the spin. (totr) (tom on the rocks) go crabing and shut up. You Know who you are.

We're working on cleaning this place up. If you see any pissing matches, please use the "Report to Moderator" button to alert us. And thread hijacking is a real problem on all forums. We moderators try to split out the OT posts but it can be a challenge sometimes.
crewstation
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2019, 09:51:20 PM »

The new forum software that I will be installing has a "Like" feature. As a matter of fact, it has a lot of really nice (modern) features that this current forum doesn't have.

Having a "Like" Button is hardly a nice or modern feature, IMO.  Read the book "IGen" if you have the time or the inclination.  It offers a great dissertation on the psychology and sociology behind the "like" button, and even theorizes, and provides (admittedly second hand, but still university-level empirical) evidence, that it is grossly contributing to suicide and depression rates, and division of the classes, in this country.

Oh, de crab, he taste so fine.
Yuh catch 'um wid a neck an' a line.
Bile de water 'til 'e good 'n hot.
Den eat de crab strait from 'de pot.

Oh, de beer, he taste so chilly.
Drinks it 'til I gets too silly.
Washin' down 'de crab an' butter.
If I doesn't fall down, I'll 'ave anudder.
crabbymike17
Lifetime Member

The Crab Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2019, 11:39:13 PM »

You are correct crew.  It's all in the stats.  The ring of a bell, the thumbs up, the chiming sounds, the smell of old bay - these are all sensory triggers that impact emotion.  It's like pavlovs dog. 
jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

Crab'n is a way of life....

« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2019, 07:10:53 AM »

I can ignore anyone.  Grin But nobody can ignore me.. laugh

"Helping to Moderate the BCA since 2003" "I've gotten to the point in my life where I no longer give a [shiz] what people think, I'm not going to take any [shiz], because, frankly my dears, I am NOT in the [shiz] business." Quote from Suzy. :-)
jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

Crab'n is a way of life....

« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2019, 07:12:03 AM »

I try to ignore you but your size intimidates me.  laugh

"Helping to Moderate the BCA since 2003" "I've gotten to the point in my life where I no longer give a [shiz] what people think, I'm not going to take any [shiz], because, frankly my dears, I am NOT in the [shiz] business." Quote from Suzy. :-)

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home