September 22, 2019, 01:47:48 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Debris - Western Shore Mid-Bay River 9/8/19  (Read 2520 times)
crabking77

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2019, 10:56:53 AM »

the puppy waz out for the count afterwardz   Smiley
Stabilizer
Supporting Member

Work hard, Play harder.

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2019, 12:34:04 PM »

Mine had the original 86 90 evinrude on it which we had to replace. Got a 4 stroke 90 Yamaha, its prob around 375lb like Ray said I honestly wasn't thinking about weight when we bought it but it doesn't seem to be a problem. The quietness and gas sipping quality was well worth it, I rarely ever burn more than 5 gallons a day crabbing with a 20-30 minute run each way. Last year I talked with a guy on the water he had the same boat as yours with a 150 Etec I think he had the transom built up or raised though.
My waterline is right in the scuppers.  I am currently burning quite a bit more fuel than that.  Something to look forward to.
bgfishhook1
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2019, 02:08:53 PM »

My waterline is right in the scuppers.  I am currently burning quite a bit more fuel than that.  Something to look forward to.
I had to put SCUPPERS on the stern of my Aquasport 19-6. Every time when a nice fish was caught and needed the net, if two of us went to the Starboard aft corner water would be coming in my boat. And since my boat is equiped with a self draining cockpit I was going to keep the water where it belonged. You certainly have yourself one great looking boat there. I don't even have to ride on that boat to know how she handles in sloppy water. Here is a picture of the stern of my boat. I tried to find the " Duck bill Scuppers " but could not find them anywhere and I think that I know why. If something gets stuck in that Scupper water will come in and go out, just my guess.

BGFISHHOOK1

Get it on !
A good one to remember is !
Keep your friends close, BUT keep your enemies CLOSER !
I am nobody, and nobody is perfect, therefore I am _________!
A truth that's told with bad intent  beats all the lies you can invent.
It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am ! JUST JOKING.
I thought that I made a mistake once , but I was WRONG.
Remember " A rose by any other name will smell just as  sweet  "
lone sailor

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2019, 02:22:22 PM »

My waterline is right in the scuppers.  I am currently burning quite a bit more fuel than that.  Something to look forward to.

Tied up in the slip she sits with the bottom of the scuppers just above the water line. When we replaced the tank we moved it forward about 6-8 inches so that may have helped.  I actually have those duck bills on when running but take them off when I tie it up.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 07:37:48 AM by Steve, Reason: Fixed closing quote tag » Logged
Stabilizer
Supporting Member

Work hard, Play harder.

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2019, 10:20:17 PM »

Iíve got ball scuppers that worked fine but last week got splinters from baskets in them and held a ball open allowing water to flood in.  I ended up carrying around a hundred pounds of water in the bilge.  Iíll keep an eye on them.  Those duckbill scuppers do look interesting as well. 

crabbymike17
Lifetime Member

The Crab Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2019, 11:30:26 PM »

Thanks BGFISHHOOK1 and partime59.  Iíll get it in the boat section soon and Iíd like to use it as a profile pic but I donít have permissions or the wits to figure it out.

This is my second Brittany, love them.  First gen was Snoopy, this latest is Charlie (aka Pesky).

I'll pay good money for that dog.  The dog is actually the captain, sniffs out crabs and points the way in the dark.  I must have him!!!  Name your price, keep the boat.  I already know your answer.  But Pesky could replace at least 2 of my useless deckhands.  I bet he even barks at stray crabs on deck and lifts them into the bushels with his mouth.  Really cool dog and I hope to see him for years to come. 
Wallco99
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2019, 09:39:52 PM »

Iíve got ball scuppers that worked fine but last week got splinters from baskets in them and held a ball open allowing water to flood in.  I ended up carrying around a hundred pounds of water in the bilge.  Iíll keep an eye on them.  Those duckbill scuppers do look interesting as well. 

I have the same scuppers. My dad dropped a damned grape on the floor last week and it rolled into and jammed open the scupper. It took three inches of water that wouldn't leave the deck before I realized we had an issue.
Wallco99
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2019, 09:40:52 PM »

I'll pay good money for that dog.  The dog is actually the captain, sniffs out crabs and points the way in the dark.  I must have him!!!  Name your price, keep the boat.  I already know your answer.  But Pesky could replace at least 2 of my useless deckhands.  I bet he even barks at stray crabs on deck and lifts them into the bushels with his mouth.  Really cool dog and I hope to see him for years to come. 

Would that be your Right hand and your Left hand?
crabbymike17
Lifetime Member

The Crab Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2019, 10:01:18 AM »

Would that be your Right hand and your Left hand?

Lol.  Finally figured it out by reading between the lines.  You got the job Rick, if I can't get Pesky.  I'll pick you up at 0230 tomorrow.  I can only pay you $100 for the day.  Any lip service on board, you're fired - crab bait.    laugh
Harford Crabber
Supporting Member

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2019, 10:32:29 AM »

I got a 90 Suzuki on mine too.  It says Johnson but it's really a Suzuki.  Story I heard was Johnson wanted a 4 stroke and Suzuki was trying to build a market.  Guess it ended up working out better for Suzuki than Johnson.   I knew that rascal was heavy but I didn't realize 375lb.   No wonder that boat sits so low in the rear when I get near the stern...
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 10:54:29 AM by Harford Crabber » Logged

Mr. Ray III
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2019, 11:03:29 AM »

I got a 90 Suzuki on mine too.  It says Johnson but it's really a Suzuki.  Story I heard was Johnson wanted a 4 stroke and Suzuki was trying to build a market.  Guess it ended up working out better for Suzuki than Johnson.   I knew that rascal was heavy but I didn't realize 375lb.   No wonder that boat sits so low in the rear when I get near the stern...

Same with my 2006 Mercury 225.  Its a Yamaha motor.   Mercury didn't have a motor to put out that year so just re-branded the Yamaha's.  Goes to show how much money is in the name.

Watermen and Seafood, Can't Have One Without The Other
shedking
Lifetime Member

Choot em

Al Sheely

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2019, 11:04:32 AM »

Lol.  Finally figured it out by reading between the lines.  You got the job Rick, if I can't get Pesky.  I'll pick you up at 0230 tomorrow.  I can only pay you $100 for the day.  Any lip service on board, you're fired - crab bait.    laugh
Iím in for 100 a day. Iíll pm my addtess

Each one of us here today will at one time in our lives look upon a loved one who is in need and ask the same question: We are willing to help, Lord, but what, if anything, is needed? For it is true we can seldom help those closest to us. Either we don't know what part of ourselves to give or, more often than not, the part we have to give is not wanted. And so it is those we live with and should know who elude us. But we can still love them - we can love completely without complete understanding.
Harford Crabber
Supporting Member

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2019, 11:31:23 AM »

Same with my 2006 Mercury 225.  Its a Yamaha motor.   Mercury didn't have a motor to put out that year so just re-branded the Yamaha's.  Goes to show how much money is in the name.

Knowing what it really is helps when buying parts.  My starter went up last winter on a perch fishing trip.  Johnson replacement starter was over $800.00.  New aftermarket starter on Ebay for Suzuki was $159.    Guess which one I got....  LOL
Billycrab

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2019, 04:09:55 PM »

Ditto on the debris floating in the bay. Went out for a boat ride South of the Bohemia yesterday and into the Sassafras and saw two large logs floating among the crab pot buoys North of the Sass. Luckily I was not going full speed and could avoid hitting them as they would have likely caused severe damage to my outboard and possibly hull as well. Be careful when navigating out there and good luck crabbing!!

BC

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home