October 17, 2019, 09:22:53 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chester 9/22  (Read 4358 times)
crabking77

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2019, 11:22:04 PM »

Okay so I haul my boat down to MD. for the BCA Wye river event  probably the forth time that I hauled my boat.
The first yr. not knowing anything we got half a bush. Next year, about a dozen on the Wye, we rented a house on
Tilghman Is. and got about the same. Last yr. Bob fishhook sent us out with his son Moe on his boat (very grateful)
and we got 2 crabs. Moe did his best ,just no crabs. Is the Wye dead? This year brought my boat spent 5hrs. on
the Wye, 4 crabs. Party was great ,food was great but WTF is up with the crabs. So it gets better,we rented a house
on Cliffs Point on the Chester River. We tried up/down river multiple tides 0 not one crab and yes we used bait. Next
year I will Crab before the party in Great Bay N.J. and actually bring crabs to be steamed or raced. I will never pay
Talbot county $45 for a one day ramp fee at the Wye that's rape. Love the BCA event But I could do better in 1hr.
than I have done in days in MD.
45 dollars 4 one day thatz crazy i hav a queens ann county permit and it waz 35 for the whole year
shedking
Lifetime Member

Choot em

Al Sheely

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2019, 11:48:01 PM »

Non resident higher

Each one of us here today will at one time in our lives look upon a loved one who is in need and ask the same question: We are willing to help, Lord, but what, if anything, is needed? For it is true we can seldom help those closest to us. Either we don't know what part of ourselves to give or, more often than not, the part we have to give is not wanted. And so it is those we live with and should know who elude us. But we can still love them - we can love completely without complete understanding.
Wallco99
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2019, 02:28:33 AM »

I think he meant that he bought the $45 annual permit, even though he only planned on using it for ONE day. Also, I don't know if they still do, but Talbot used to sell one day permits for $10 at Wye Landing. A guy used to sit in his truck in the morning selling stickers. A white pickup truck I believe. I really can't believe a one day permit would be $45, and if it was, then why not just buy the yearly one for the same price.
jp57

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2019, 09:07:17 AM »

Where on the river did you crab? We used to head south and crab the mouth of what is called southeast creek. We used to do really good there but I haven't been in a few years.
squidspeak

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2019, 01:31:35 AM »

I think he meant that he bought the $45 annual permit, even though he only planned on using it for ONE day. Also, I don't know if they still do, but Talbot used to sell one day permits for $10 at Wye Landing. A guy used to sit in his truck in the morning selling stickers. A white pickup truck I believe. I really can't believe a one day permit would be $45, and if it was, then why not just buy the yearly one for the same price.
My nephew asked the gentleman at Schnieds marina and was told that was the only permit available, it
probably was good for the season. I was pissed we only needed a one day permit, I don't know if we got conned
or not and to top it off it was only for Talbot county and not good in Kent Cty, on the Chester River.

squidspeak

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2019, 01:37:42 AM »

Where on the river did you crab? We used to head south and crab the mouth of what is called southeast creek. We used to do really good there but I haven't been in a few years.
We were docked at Cliffs Point and tried south down a couple miles and then a mile or so up river from the house in all depths up to 12'. Not one crab.
Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

5 beautiful girls.........and DONE!!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2019, 09:10:51 AM »

My nephew asked the gentleman at Schnieds marina and was told that was the only permit available, it
probably was good for the season. I was pissed we only needed a one day permit, I don't know if we got conned
or not and to top it off it was only for Talbot county and not good in Kent Cty, on the Chester River.

Queen Anne's county ramp permit is either seasonal or daily.  Talbot is strictly seasonal.

Queen Anne's County
https://www.qac.org/1009/Landings-and-Piers

Talbot County
https://www.talbotparks.org/index.php/facility-rental/public-landings

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, a crab in one hand, a beer in the other, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW--What a Ride!"
Wallco99
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2019, 11:55:28 AM »

Queen Anne's county ramp permit is either seasonal or daily.  Talbot is strictly seasonal.

Queen Anne's County
https://www.qac.org/1009/Landings-and-Piers

Talbot County
https://www.talbotparks.org/index.php/facility-rental/public-landings

Well then they stopped it, because they used to sell $10 daily permits I believe.
squidspeak

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2019, 08:08:00 PM »

The fee for non resident in Talbot county is rape, extortion and a reason I will never bring my boat to Md. ever
again. I don't understand why Md. does not have a state wide permit for a couple day period for non-residents.
I will attend the Wye river event next year but I will bring those great tasting Great Bay/ Mullica river crabs from
N.J. Also in N.J. all public ramps are FREE and most marina's charge a $10 launch and retrieve daily, even for non-residents. N.J saltwater fishing license is free you just have to register online.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 08:22:09 PM by squidspeak » Logged
Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

5 beautiful girls.........and DONE!!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2019, 08:22:13 AM »

The fee for non resident in Talbot county is rape, extortion and a reason I will never bring my boat to Md. ever
again. I don't understand why Md. does not have a state wide permit for a couple day period for non-residents.
I will attend the Wye river event next year but I will bring those great tasting Great Bay/ Mullica river crabs from
N.J. Also in N.J. all public ramps are FREE and most marina's charge a $10 launch and retrieve daily, even for non-residents. N.J saltwater fishing license is free you just have to register online.

Talbot DOES NOT charge an out of state fee.  I'm not sure where you are getting that from?  The counties charge the fees for maintenance and upkeep of the ramps. 

Doesn't NJ charge you to go to their beaches?  Doesn't Seaside beach require you to buy a bracelet before you can even touch the sand?

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, a crab in one hand, a beer in the other, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW--What a Ride!"

Wallco99
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2019, 08:32:02 AM »

Not to mention, Jersey will let you in for free, on any road or bridge, but won't let you out, at any point of exit, without paying them.
ALLDUCKEDUP

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2019, 11:24:44 AM »

we've been getting a bushel every time. 800' clams 6-10' deep. culling at 7" . qualitys not what its been in years prior, but crabs are there
squidspeak

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2019, 11:48:12 PM »

Talbot DOES NOT charge an out of state fee.  I'm not sure where you are getting that from?  The counties charge the fees for maintenance and upkeep of the ramps. 

Doesn't NJ charge you to go to their beaches?  Doesn't Seaside beach require you to buy a bracelet before you can even touch the sand?
I believe the permit is $10 more for non residents in Talbot County. Most beaches in N.J. charge a fee for a beach badge, which you can purchase a daily, weekly or seasonal. They do not charge more for out of state guests,
I think you may get a discount if you live in the town that the beach is located. There are a handful of towns that
offer free beaches. Atlantic City, all 3 Twps. in the Wildwoods, Asbury Park, maybe 1 or 2 more. I understand the concept of the fees for maintenance and have no issue with it. We had to buy a crab license and a $45  trailer
permit to crab one day, that I do have an issue with.
Wallco99
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2019, 12:06:08 AM »

Talbot is $45/year for EVERYBODY. Just because you only used it once doesn't make it a DAILY rate.
squidspeak

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2019, 12:07:20 AM »

Not to mention, Jersey will let you in for free, on any road or bridge, but won't let you out, at any point of exit, without paying them.
I have never experienced that. There is a public ramp (well maintained) with good water that you can launch at any tide that is about a mile from my shop. Parkertown section of Little Egg Harbor Twp., Ocean county.
Another on Seven bridges Rd. in Tuckerton a couple miles from my slip. There is no permits or fees, also about 12
marinas that charge a fee normally $10 to launch and load same day if you are leaving the boat in you pay again
when you pull out. Also free saltwater permit for fish and crabs, just have to register on line and print it out.

Wallco99
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2019, 12:11:31 AM »

I have never experienced that. There is a public ramp (well maintained) with good water that you can launch at any tide that is about a mile from my shop. Parkertown section of Little Egg Harbor Twp., Ocean county.
Another on Seven bridges Rd. in Tuckerton a couple miles from my slip. There is no permits or fees, also about 12
marinas that charge a fee normally $10 to launch and load same day if you are leaving the boat in you pay again
when you pull out. Also free saltwater permit for fish and crabs, just have to register on line and print it out.

I am talking about the STATE itself, on all it's roads and highways, in and out of the state, not the damned marinas. Anybody can get Into NJ without a problem, but you can't get out unless you pay somebody first to lift a gate..
squidspeak

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2019, 12:19:37 AM »

Talbot is $45/year for EVERYBODY. Just because you only used it once doesn't make it a DAILY rate.
Okay, understood but it is still price gouging considering that a lot of people just go for a day or 2. To
not even offer a weekly rate is poor hospitality and greedy.
squidspeak

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2019, 12:34:11 AM »

I am talking about the STATE itself, on all it's roads and highways, in and out of the state, not the damned marinas. Anybody can get Into NJ without a problem, but you can't get out unless you pay somebody first to lift a gate..
I did not realize N.J. was the only state that had toll roads. Most bridge toll revenue is divided between the states the bridge collects by the regional Port authority regardless of which side of the river the toll booth may be
located. I am not aware of any bridge in N.J. that you pay both directions, along time ago but they doubled the toll
and you pay once per crossing. The Delaware Mem. bridge you leave N.J. without someone lifting a gate.
Wallco99
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2019, 05:46:02 AM »

I didn't say it was the only state with tolls. It just seems to be the only one that you cannot get out of without paying one. I can go back and forth to Delaware, Maryland, or even Virginia, and get back without having to pay tolls. Yes, these states all have toll roads somewhere within the state, but they are not set up at every exit point of the state, not letting you out unless you pay first, as Jersey seems to be.
Wallco99
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2019, 05:48:19 AM »

Okay, understood but it is still price gouging considering that a lot of people just go for a day or 2. To
not even offer a weekly rate is poor hospitality and greedy.

Now that I can agree with, and I honestly thought that Talbot did offer daily passes, until Duane informed me that I was incorrect.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home