November 19, 2019, 03:50:11 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Staten Island  (Read 1693 times)
Jersey Blue

Ignore
« on: June 24, 2006, 11:35:18 AM »

Hi,Does anyone have info on productie crabbing areas on Staten Island.Thanks
Crabbymouse

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2006, 06:22:10 AM »

I lived in Staten Island for most of my life so I know of a few good spots. You can try off the rocks in Gateway park (off Hylan Boulevard). I would set up a few pots and then walk the rocks with a long scoop. On a good day you'll probably scoop more than you land in the pots. Overall though Gateway is very hit and miss.

If you can get access to any of the creeks along the north and west shore of the Island, those are probably your best bets for a good catch. I crabbed many times under the Goethals bridge with pretty good results. Take the SI expressway towards the Goethals and get off Western Ave (last exit before the bridge). At the stop sign make a left and you'll pretty much be making a U turn. Just as you complete the U turn you'll see a wide path on your right that you can either pull your car into or park on the outside.

Get there early as many know of this spot although there's room for a few crabbers. Bring crappy shoes as it is usually muddy. Bring a lot of insect spray as the mosquitos there will carry you off and there's a high chance of getting a tick on you. Be prepared to lose a pot or two as there are a few hidden obstacles in the water.

Good luck.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2006, 09:38:58 AM by Crabbymouse » Logged

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home