April 07, 2020, 01:27:08 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Crabbing Violation  (Read 2238 times)
crabbymike17
Lifetime Member

The Crab Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2020, 09:39:58 AM »

Huh SOOOOOO !

BGFISHHOOK1

I know it's old news Bobby.  So, my point was, I was given a break by the same folks in this thread that actually work for MD DNR.  Not sure if you caught that minor detail.  I'm just thankful that there are some good guys with a badge that can overlook a minor infraction with a warning vs. a fine.  I consider myself lucky in 2019.  Now that it's 2020 - game on my friends!  Crabs 0 - CrabbyMike 40K lbs. 

Mike
bgfishhook1
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2020, 11:38:39 AM »

I know it's old news Bobby.  So, my point was, I was given a break by the same folks in this thread that actually work for MD DNR.  Not sure if you caught that minor detail.  I'm just thankful that there are some good guys with a badge that can overlook a minor infraction with a warning vs. a fine.  I consider myself lucky in 2019.  Now that it's 2020 - game on my friends!  Crabs 0 - CrabbyMike 40K lbs. 

Mike
I really meant no pun on your part MIKE, as a matter of fact I have a story somewhat like yours is. Long ago when my Grandson was little I took him Crabbing at the Bush River in Maryland. We launched on the Army Base in Edgewood Maryland at Skipper Point road on a Wednesday morning real early before daybreak. Anyways we were set up and crabbing and catching crabs when I spotted this APG boat approaching mine. There were two officers on board and when they were close enough one of them said How are you doing dad , are you catching anything ? I said yes we got almost two thirds of a bushel of nice crabs, holding the basket sideways so they could see our catch. The first guy said to me ' do you have a comm license " ?  I said no I am a rec Crabber with a rec license.  He says you should not be crabbing today it is closed to rec's on Wednesday's . Well I got a chill up my spine to the top of my head, knowing that I was gong to be getting a huge fine. I said " When did they change that? last year it was on a Thursday that was closed to Rec's.  He says yes they changed it to Wednesday's this year. I said I'll throw these Crabs back in the water. He said no, you can keep them if you promise to pull your gear and call it a day . I said that is not a problem for me and my Grandson. He said I am going up river with my partner and will be coming back down this way in about an hour, when you pull your gear if there are any crabs in it you can keep them, just be gone when we return. I thanked him and told him that I will be more vigilant in the future on the laws when it comes to crabbing. That happened about 25 to 26 years ago. when my Grandson was just a little boy.

Bobby G

Get it on !
A good one to remember is !
Keep your friends close, BUT keep your enemies CLOSER !
I am nobody, and nobody is perfect, therefore I am _________!
A truth that's told with bad intent  beats all the lies you can invent.
It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am ! JUST JOKING.
I thought that I made a mistake once , but I was WRONG.
Remember " A rose by any other name will smell just as  sweet  "
crabbymike17
Lifetime Member

The Crab Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2020, 11:45:59 AM »

I really meant no pun on your part MIKE, as a matter of fact I have a story somewhat like yours is. Long ago when my Grandson was little I took him Crabbing at the Bush River in Maryland. We launched on the Army Base in Edgewood Maryland at Skipper Point road on a Wednesday morning real early before daybreak. Anyways we were set up and crabbing and catching crabs when I spotted this APG boat approaching mine. There were two officers on board and when they were close enough one of them said How are you doing dad , are you catching anything ? I said yes we got almost two thirds of a bushel of nice crabs, holding the basket sideways so they could see our catch. The first guy said to me ' do you have a comm license " ?  I said no I am a rec Crabber with a rec license.  He says you should not be crabbing today it is closed to rec's on Wednesday's . Well I got a chill up my spine to the top of my head, knowing that I was gong to be getting a huge fine. I said " When did they change that? last year it was on a Thursday that was closed to Rec's.  He says yes they changed it to Wednesday's this year. I said I'll throw these Crabs back in the water. He said no, you can keep them if you promise to pull your gear and call it a day . I said that is not a problem for me and my Grandson. He said I am going up river with my partner and will be coming back down this way in about an hour, when you pull your gear if there are any crabs in it you can keep them, just be gone when we return. I thanked him and told him that I will be more vigilant in the future on the laws when it comes to crabbing. That happened about 25 to 26 years ago. when my Grandson was just a little boy.

Bobby G

Great story Bobby!  I also crabbed on a Wednesday years ago when that was restricted for recs.  A comm came up to my Boat and said, you can't crab today.  I crabbed anyway before realizing the rule was accurate.  Thank God for helpful folks. 

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home