December 14, 2019, 10:15:57 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Buck down 11/2  (Read 322 times)
indoe
Lifetime Member

me and the wife

Ignore
« on: November 02, 2019, 09:28:59 PM »

Went hunting and the morning was pretty good. Saw a few does and a few bucks. Had a nice buck follow a doe close to my stand. I was not going to shoot it at first as it was not what I wanted. He was a 6 or 7 pointer but big. 4 points on 1 side and 2 or 3 on the other. There where some other smaller bucks around but they kept away since the bigger buck was with the doe. He was a dark chocolate buck. After looking at him I decided I would shoot him if he came close enough. He did come within 25 yards but no good shot. So I let him go with his girlfriend. Went to grab some food and got back in the stand around 2. As soon as I got in the stand the house up the hill was cutting trees. Then next door they where trimming the bushes. I did not see anything close but a spike. There was a few does around 200 yards away. Then around 6 a see a buck down the hill. The people cutting the trees are done. It starts walking away and I grunt at him. Nothing. I grunt a few more times louder. He turns right around coming in fast. It's going behind me so I want to shoot it before it gets behind me. I try to drawl back but it looks right at me. It keeps moving and I swing around to the other side and drawl back. But the buck stops when he hears the people next door. He does a u turn and heads back the way he came. I swing back around drawl back and wait for it to get into a opening and stop him with a grunt. I let the arrow fly and it feels good. It runs down then up the hill. It runs around a tree that fell down. As soon as it tries to go up the hill it falls down and back wards. It tries to get up but falls back down and never gets up again. I wait a little and go over to see the buck. I'm thinking it might be smaller then what I wanted to shoot. The buck I saw earlier was bigger. When I come up to it all I can think is this deer has a big body. Antlers are not that bad as well. It was a good hunt that I thought was over with all the people making the noise.

Crabbing, Fishing and Hunting = Me happy!
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2019, 09:43:07 PM »

WTG, nice buck , beautiful rack

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab
rdbeard
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2019, 07:19:04 AM »

real nice buck.
Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

5 beautiful girls.........and DONE!!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2019, 07:23:02 AM »

Nice job Indoe and nice looking buck

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, a crab in one hand, a beer in the other, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW--What a Ride!"
indoe
Lifetime Member

me and the wife

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2019, 07:46:09 PM »

Thanks guys. One more pic. It's strange but my other stand is around 300 yards away but I see big bucks in this spot and not many in the other spot. I guess they know I hunt there and keep away. I only hunt this spot for the rut and leave it alone the rest of the year. Time to take some does down.

Crabbing, Fishing and Hunting = Me happy!

mark fix

mark eric fix 891fix

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2019, 09:23:41 AM »

Nice buck!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home