February 25, 2020, 11:52:47 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Boat stil not werkin" Bill Burton Pier it is 11/3  (Read 1432 times)
shtoong

I Love Crabs!

Ignore
« on: November 03, 2019, 05:20:24 PM »

Went to the Bill Burton Pier, Dolchester side. My buddy and I had a mix of perfectionist rings, box and topless traps all loaded with cn. I actually tried a few with chicken livers in clam bags. We had all baits in the water by 9am. We were really only hoping for a dozen plus. A small meal not a feast. We had 25 traps in all. Got there at 8:30. Not a single soul on the pier. Uh oh good or bad sign. We saw people coming out to fish a little later with the tide change. We crabbed until 1:00 and not a single nibble. On our way out we saw a couple guys dropping traps asked how they did, they said a couple just legal. Man I have the crabbin' fever and can't seem to find the cure. Hopefully next year we'll slay them. You'll all be sure to see my posts like it or not.Wishing everyone out there a great Fall and Winter. Eric
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2019, 12:22:38 PM »

thanks for the report , you also have a great and safe winter

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab
indoe
Lifetime Member

me and the wife

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2019, 07:59:00 PM »

Sorry to hear about your slow year. I was wondering if anyone had tried that pier recently. I have seen a few people crabbing when I have driven by and wondered how it was this year.

Crabbing, Fishing and Hunting = Me happy!
shtoong

I Love Crabs!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2019, 10:10:09 AM »

Sorry to hear about your slow year. I was wondering if anyone had tried that pier recently. I have seen a few people crabbing when I have driven by and wondered how it was this year.
Yeah. According to another post here a guy caught 29 three days earlier from the same pier. I canít believe we got skunked. We crabbed at the deepest part figuring that would be our best luck. That front also moved through. Like I said maybe next season.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 11:06:55 AM by shtoong » Logged
crabbymike17
Lifetime Member

The Crab Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2019, 06:31:12 AM »

If the boat was working you'de be getting them now.  Good news, you have months to work on the boat.   Smiley

Capt. Frank
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2019, 11:15:30 AM »

Same as NJ, the season ending like an off switch.  Does not slowly wind down 40-> 30 -> 20 -> 10 -> 5 crabs.   It JUST STOPS.

A few years back had a bushel in 2 hours on 12 jugged traps in November (election/veterans day time frame)  at a northern NJ river (Navesink) .  I had to stop crabbing could have easily done a second bushel ( I crab alone) .   Then 3 days later my buddy does exact same spots and got a SOLID 0 crabs.  Nothing at all. Not even the little rats. No spiders.  NOTHING

When it's done that crab season door in that area is slammed tight shut!!! See you next Spring. Smiley

Yeah. According to another post here a guy caught 29 three days earlier from the same pier. I canít believe we got skunked. We crabbed at the deepest part figuring that would be our best luck. That front also moved through. Like I said maybe next season.

Capt. Frank
"HEAT SEEKER"
Chief Instructor
  NJBoatingCollege.Com
  (201) 716-2883 NJ Classes
  (212) 465-3992 NY Classes
  "We teach.  NOT just read to you."
crabbymike17
Lifetime Member

The Crab Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2019, 08:41:38 PM »

Exactly.  I typically crab until I catch zero.  I started this season with a zero report to which a member replied, "enjoy your catch".   laugh laugh laugh and I'll end it the same way.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home