December 09, 2019, 12:34:45 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Carolina Skiff  (Read 253 times)
gcs

Ignore
« on: December 02, 2019, 03:16:57 PM »

Heard a rumor that CS is discontinuing the DLX line of skiffs, which is hard to believe as those boats made that company. Anyone hear anything about if true and what if anything they're going to replace them with?
reds
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2019, 06:27:27 PM »

Heard a rumor that CS is discontinuing the DLX line of skiffs, which is hard to believe as those boats made that company. Anyone hear anything about if true and what if anything they're going to replace them with?

Problem is they made the DLX to well.

I had one that survived a broadside hit by a drunk in a car. Totaled the trailer, totaled the outboard and knocked my crabline 250ft down the road. Knocked some gelcoat off the bottom sliding across the asphalt.

Bought a new trailer and outboard and crabbed 2 more years with the CS before going bigger.

Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

5 beautiful girls.........and DONE!!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2019, 07:22:28 AM »

They will still be making the DLX for 2020....

They are also introducing 2 new models also.

https://www.carolinaskiff.com/about/carolina-skiff-n/article/2019/07/03/carolina-skiff-unveils-new-product-lines

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, a crab in one hand, a beer in the other, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW--What a Ride!"
Dann86

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2019, 09:14:54 PM »

IDK about being built to good. Bought a new 21dlx last year and their water in the hull problem must be bad enough that they have two
drain holes in each corner of the bottom. I mean wtf brand new boat with drain holes to drain the foam!                                                             
If they did a better job finishing the floor with something other than a chopper gun they would  have a great boat.
gcs

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2019, 07:59:35 AM »

Yeah, I spoke to a few guys that were set to buy a 21 and they were claiming the new ones are not built as "good" as the older models, seemed CS took the typical "we can make it a little cheaper and no one will know" model.

joecrabbr

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2019, 09:51:38 AM »

Carolina Skiff went cheaper almost 10 years ago. There were major issues with the 238 DLV skiffs. Hulls cracking just forward of the console. There were a ton of them that had to go back for repair. On the CS forums itís talked about all the time. There are vids on YouTube of people drilling into there hulls with 15ft drillbits to install garboard drains to drain the water. I havenít had any issues with mine as of yet... knock on wood

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home