February 22, 2020, 05:52:28 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: End of the year Crabbing- Topsail Beach, Dec 27th, 2019  (Read 381 times)
saxon4646

Ignore
« on: December 29, 2019, 11:07:11 AM »

Set out just 2 pots this time near the ICW in hopes of catching just 6 keepers this time. Just a 1 day overnight soak. I only had some old frozen finger mullet for bait so I was not expecting much. I went to retrieve them Saturday afternoon and could only see one of my floats. Not what I was hoping to find. I looked and looked thinking maybe the float came loose but could not see it under the water anywhere. I dropped these in around 7 foot of water and could easily see the bottom. Ol well- went to check the one pot and man this thing was heavy. Pulled it in and surprised to have 29 crabs in the pot- All Keepers !  I took that back to the truck and went back in search of pot # 2. I could see a float about 1/4 mile away and decided - what the heck- I'll go take a look. Well as luck would have it- that was indeed my pot. I was glad to have it back and was not expecting a thing in it as I thought maybe a boat got hung up on it or something. Pulled it in and had 9 crabs in it- Once again - all keepers. I kept  my 6 and gave away the rest to some mighty fine people. Nice way to end the 2019 crab season for me. Best of luck to everyone in 2020 !
joecrabbr

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2019, 12:08:13 PM »

Nice....wish I could go out crab in right now
bgfishhook1
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2019, 01:06:26 PM »

I was glad to see you going out one last time to try your luck again. I am double glad that you got your crab pot back that you lost.
 When you shared your catch with others it spoke well of you, it just goes to show you that you need not tell me who you are,  I can read it in what you do for others.  Plain and simple " YOUR ACTIONS SPEAK SO LOUD THAT I CANNOT HEAR A WORD YOU ARE SAYING" 

We are hoping that your Holidays are brighter than most, and hope your New Year is filled with good things for you and your family.

BGFISHHOOK1   AKA Bobby G & his BRIDE Arlene.

Get it on !
A good one to remember is !
Keep your friends close, BUT keep your enemies CLOSER !
I am nobody, and nobody is perfect, therefore I am _________!
A truth that's told with bad intent  beats all the lies you can invent.
It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am ! JUST JOKING.
I thought that I made a mistake once , but I was WRONG.
Remember " A rose by any other name will smell just as  sweet  "
Mr. Ray III
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2019, 01:15:17 PM »

Some of my best days in NC was this time of year. Prices were up and getting a bushel every 5 pots. Sounds like a boat might have snagged your pot.

Watermen and Seafood, Can't Have One Without The Other
saxon4646

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2019, 06:13:47 PM »

Many thanks for the kind words bgfishhook1 . I was very pleased to retrieve my pot and thought as lucky as I was that I would share my catch. Most crabs I have caught all year in just 1 pot- may have been my best 1 pot haul ever in fact. Mr Ray- I believe you are correct that possibly a boat snagged my pot. I set it pretty much in the same area and its never moved like that before.

crabbymike17
Lifetime Member

The Crab Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2019, 07:37:40 AM »

Great post!  We're not crabbing north of you in MD.  I hate losing gear, very bothersome but is expected.  I lost a lot of gear this year and found a lot of gear.  I may as well be the "lost and found" in MD.  Most of what I find is junk I can't use, so it sits in a graveyard and I sell it for $1 per item the next season.  Bobby totally captured the essence of life and I'll quote him, " YOUR ACTIONS SPEAK SO LOUD THAT I CANNOT HEAR A WORD YOU ARE SAYING".  That is a huge inspiration today and every day!!!

Mike         
seabass

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2019, 12:57:51 PM »

Good report, glad you got your pot back. Keep up the good work!

Greg
Wallco99
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2019, 08:07:57 PM »

WTG. Great catch.
LKNGreg

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2020, 06:30:16 PM »

Well done, carma is on your side.   Thanks for sharing!

Best,
Greg

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home