March 31, 2020, 02:13:20 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wife's Deer  (Read 635 times)
Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

5 beautiful girls.........and DONE!!!!!

Ignore
« on: February 13, 2020, 09:05:31 AM »

My wife had watched a piebald for a few years and last year she decided to take it out of the heard.  She asked a buddy of mine, who does Taxidermy work if he would do a full mount.  As time went on her imagination got bigger and bigger until it was no longer just a full body mount but instead, a full nature scene.  

We picked it up this past Saturday on our way back home from an indoor field hockey tournament,  I will say, it came out better then expected and she is extremely happy with it.

The third pic is the deer a week before she shot it.  It isn't the biggest deer she has ever gotten but piebalds never are and she liked the markings.  We have a few more on the property but all seem to be does.  Also had a all white a many years back

Thanks again Earl

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, a crab in one hand, a beer in the other, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW--What a Ride!"
double E

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2020, 09:23:41 AM »

Beautiful!
Wallco99
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2020, 10:11:36 AM »

It looks like it was walking through your family room at one point.
shedking
Lifetime Member

Choot em

Al Sheely

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2020, 10:22:36 AM »

Very nice. Great work earl

Each one of us here today will at one time in our lives look upon a loved one who is in need and ask the same question: We are willing to help, Lord, but what, if anything, is needed? For it is true we can seldom help those closest to us. Either we don't know what part of ourselves to give or, more often than not, the part we have to give is not wanted. And so it is those we live with and should know who elude us. But we can still love them - we can love completely without complete understanding.
rdbeard
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2020, 03:37:13 PM »

very nice D the wife should be proud. I have a half body mount jumpin out of the wall, also a piebald. did your wife's have a raised nose like a goat does? when I seen the one I have on the wall it was 300 yds across a clear cut and I really thought it was a goat till icame into bow distance. ps I had the taxidermist remove that feature.

Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

5 beautiful girls.........and DONE!!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2020, 04:42:47 PM »

very nice D the wife should be proud. I have a half body mount jumpin out of the wall, also a piebald. did your wife's have a raised nose like a goat does? when I seen the one I have on the wall it was 300 yds across a clear cut and I really thought it was a goat till icame into bow distance. ps I had the taxidermist remove that feature.

rdbeard

no, it's nose was pretty much like a normal deer.  The biggest challenge was his leg length and his barrel body.  The form needed lots of mods to get the hide to fit nicely.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, a crab in one hand, a beer in the other, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW--What a Ride!"
bgfishhook1
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2020, 05:54:29 PM »

rdbeard

no, it's nose was pretty much like a normal deer.  The biggest challenge was his leg length and his barrel body.  The form needed lots of mods to get the hide to fit nicely.
   WOW " D"

That is a very nice story that you told here and a beautiful job of getting the full body piebald mounted. I am not going to ask you if you guys like Venison because I already know that answer to that question. Congratulations to your wife on her hunting skills.

I used to take my wife hunting with me many years ago but she never shot a deer. On the other hand I shot a lot of Bucks everything from 8 point Bucks down to Spike Bucks but for some reason I never had gotten a deer head mount it really never interested me , there is nothing wrong with getting deer mounted it just is not something that I did.. We always butchered our own deer and made our own bologna's, pepper sticks, and ground our meat. When we were butchering venison we would de-bone every thing. We did not freeze bones, or cook bones because we did not eat bones.

BGFISHHOOK1 

Get it on !
A good one to remember is !
Keep your friends close, BUT keep your enemies CLOSER !
I am nobody, and nobody is perfect, therefore I am _________!
A truth that's told with bad intent  beats all the lies you can invent.
It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am ! JUST JOKING.
I thought that I made a mistake once , but I was WRONG.
Remember " A rose by any other name will smell just as  sweet  "
mark fix

mark eric fix 891fix

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2020, 08:51:15 PM »

Nice mount,had 3 piebalds under me one time up prettyboy way.Shot under everyone of them.Then I missed the big mama doe,strange day.Once again nice deer!
crabbymike17
Lifetime Member

The Crab Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2020, 02:13:59 AM »

Really cool!  I love what the sign reads in the scene. 
discover
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2020, 11:56:01 AM »

Love the creativity, which turned into an awesome looking mount. Great job.

Wallco99
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2020, 02:02:17 PM »

Love the creativity, which turned into an awesome looking mount. Great job.

Where the [Sam Hill] have you been? Did you get buried in the lumber aisle at Home Depot?    laugh laugh
Haven't heard from you in quite some time.  
discover
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2020, 08:28:07 PM »

Where the [Sam Hill] have you been? Did you get buried in the lumber aisle at Home Depot?    laugh laugh
Haven't heard from you in quite some time.  

Buried under life at the moment.  laugh laugh Working two jobs is keeping me busy, barely time to even say hi to my wife.  laugh laugh
MCC CRAB

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2020, 11:42:31 AM »

THAT IS  REALLY NICE LOOKING
indoe
Lifetime Member

me and the wife

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2020, 10:07:36 PM »

That is awesome. I have only seen 1 piebald in my life and that was when I was driving.

Crabbing, Fishing and Hunting = Me happy!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home