September 26, 2021, 12:11:35 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: sook market  (Read 1909 times)
rdbeard
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« on: March 06, 2020, 01:18:11 PM »

I read to day the current administration will allow 35,ooo additional migrant workers into the country on work vista's. This may help comm. crabbers this season with the sook market.
Wallco99
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2020, 01:22:10 PM »

I read to day the current administration will allow 35,ooo additional migrant workers into the country on work vista's. This may help comm. crabbers this season with the sook market.

Why don't they just find 35,000 of the 20 million that already illegally snuck in, instead of adding even more?  Angry Angry
Mr. Ray III
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2020, 02:33:12 PM »

Why don't they just find 35,000 of the 20 million that already illegally snuck in, instead of adding even more?  Angry Angry

'Cause they already have jobs!  laugh laugh

Watermen and Seafood, Can't Have One Without The Other
crabbymike17

The Crab Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2020, 08:50:07 PM »

I heard that most of them are happily reaping rewards in the drywall market and competing with well established pros.   Heck, some of them may even own MD comm authorizations and  boats.   laugh laugh laugh
Wallco99
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2020, 08:51:35 PM »

'Cause they already have jobs!  laugh laugh

I highly doubt it.

Wallco99
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2020, 08:53:02 PM »

I heard that most of them are happily reaping rewards in the drywall market and competing with well established pros.   Heck, some of them may even own MD comm authorizations and  boats.   laugh laugh laugh

Why don't you crawl out of your basement and do something for a change, instead of sitting on here all day hurling insults at our president? Go pick crab meat!
crabbymike17

The Crab Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2020, 09:15:52 PM »

Why don't you crawl out of your basement and do something for a change, instead of sitting on here all day hurling insults at our president? Go pick crab meat!

I saw no insults of any president in this post, "sook market", did you?  There are only 6 threads of this post prior to this one? 
Wallco99
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2020, 09:21:54 PM »

I saw no insults of any president in this post, "sook market", did you?  There are only 6 threads of this post prior to this one? 

It's only a matter of time with you.
Logan57
Lifetime Member

Crabs-from Logan Logan575757

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2020, 09:39:31 PM »

Want to know what I think should be done instead on the vistas? I'll tell you anyway. Obviously there is enough housing for the migrant workers or none of that would be possible. So, why not round up the homless, offer them housing and jobs and give them a chance to get back on their feet? Instead of importing people. Kill multiple birds with the same stone.

Masters in Redneck Engineering.
Mr. Ray III
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2020, 09:52:06 PM »

Want to know what I think should be done instead on the vistas? I'll tell you anyway. Obviously there is enough housing for the migrant workers or none of that would be possible. So, why not round up the homless, offer them housing and jobs and give them a chance to get back on their feet? Instead of importing people. Kill multiple birds with the same stone.

Most people are homeless for a reason.  Some are addicts, some are disabled/mental, some just like living like that.  

Wallco99
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2020, 09:59:04 PM »

YES!!! That is actually Article II of my earlier proposed bill about using the Unemployment/Welfare recipients. Once we have extinguished the drains on society, collecting money to sit home and do nothing for it, then we focus on those folks that are sleeping in the street, with no money or government compensation. The LAST thing we need in this country is MORE PEOPLE brought in!
Logan, I like how you think. I am hiring you as my Ambassador of Homeless Transition to the Workforce. (A.H.T.W). Everything gets a freaking acronym nowadays.
SlickCam

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2020, 09:04:58 PM »

There is so much flat out ridiculousness in this thread it's hard to know where to start.
1. Visas are literally just seasonal positions, they are not allowed to stay here indefinitely.
2.  If domestic labor was available processors wouldn't need foreign workers, but clearly that is not the case.
3.  Rounding up derelicts of society to pick crabs is just flat out absurd.
Wallco99
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2020, 10:27:44 PM »

There is so much flat out ridiculousness in this thread it's hard to know where to start.
1. Visas are literally just seasonal positions, they are not allowed to stay here indefinitely.
2.  If domestic labor was available processors wouldn't need foreign workers, but clearly that is not the case.
3.  Rounding up derelicts of society to pick crabs is just flat out absurd.

Other than points #1, #2, and #3, you make a good argument.   laugh laugh
rdbeard
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2020, 07:12:59 AM »

Thanks Rick. I can see Steve ending this thread anytime now due to you trying to change the United States Of America by complaining on a crabbing forum. [dang], I was just considering giving you sooks this season too.
Logan57
Lifetime Member

Crabs-from Logan Logan575757

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2020, 03:15:55 PM »

Id rather see a second chance offered to our citizens then just passed over for cheap labor that is sending the money out of the US. But I guess you guys are right. Those of us who want to work, already are. Well that was my good karma idea of the year. May the crab gods shine on me this season.

Masters in Redneck Engineering.

Seaweed
Lifetime Member

Beware of the guy in orange

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2020, 04:55:22 PM »

Taking people off the street, and immediately putting them to work, usually ends in a mess.  They have a lot to learn and correct before they can be successful in holding a job.  The company I work for has taken a few chances on some work-release and semi-homeless folks, and it has yet to work out.  Not saying it can't work, or hasn't worked, but there's a lot of rehab that has to take place with a good number of those folks.

Git 'r dun!
Mikie

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2020, 05:56:57 PM »

I had a big, long response typed up but decided to delete it. Facts are, anyone that wants to work at this time could find a job. The majority that remain on all of the "free" stuff want to be there. Generations that have lived that way aren't going to change unless you yank the carpet out from under them. I believe they call that "tough love", but at least 1/2 of the population doesn't have the stomach for it.
Mr. Ray III
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2020, 06:30:56 PM »

I had a big, long response typed up but decided to delete it. Facts are, anyone that wants to work at this time could find a job. The majority that remain on all of the "free" stuff want to be there. Generations that have lived that way aren't going to change unless you yank the carpet out from under them. I believe they call that "tough love", but at least 1/2 of the population doesn't have the stomach for it.

I agree.  Within a 10 mile radius of my house there is probably half a dozen billboards for help wanted at local businesses, didn't see that 10 years ago.  The 3.9% unemployment rate means that everyone has a job.  Only the disabled/unable and the ones who don't want to work are the ones that don't have a job.  Just to be clear, I am perfectly fine with helping those who are mentally or physically unable to work.  In fact, if we cut out subsidies for the moochers, that extra money could be used to give those who really need it a better life.

Wallco99
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2020, 06:39:19 PM »

Thanks Rick. I can see Steve ending this thread anytime now due to you trying to change the United States Of America by complaining on a crabbing forum. [dang], I was just considering giving you sooks this season too.

It appears that in post #1, the OP is looking to start a conversation on visas. I am sure you don't think EVERYBODY wants them here, do you? Some of us would like to maintain the little country we actually have left. But I would love to take those sooks off your hands.   Grin Grin
Wallco99
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2020, 06:40:43 PM »

That was basically the point I was trying to make as well, before being scolded.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home