June 03, 2020, 08:21:39 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2hr early  (Read 1282 times)
double E

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2020, 06:20:08 PM »

Noticed the 2 hour early on my Facts permit this year-new permit says the 2 hour early start is for potters only. I thinks it's a good thing, fewer dead crabs in the baskets.
I heard the same, potters only.
crabbymike17
Lifetime Member

The Crab Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2020, 09:27:59 PM »

I'm totally confused.  Is it potters only, is it potters on e-reporting, or is it any gear on e-reporting.  Does anyone really know for certain???   That's why I want to see it in comr.
lone sailor

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2020, 03:51:25 PM »

E reporting potters. 2 hours before to 6 hours after on the days they elect to start early is what them email I got said.
Jim Bright

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2020, 06:59:04 PM »

Yes, only potters who are part of the e reporting pilot program.

Everyone commercial who looks at their e-reporting permit in FACTS will see it spelled out in their permit under #8:

8. Early Start Time Flexibility (June, July and August Only):
a) Pilot participants licensed to catch crabs for sale may remove crabs from crab pots in the Chesapeake Bay up to
two (2) hours before sunrise by electing to start early in FACTST as part of their start hail for each trip during the
months of June, July and August.
b) Pilot participants will observe an eight hour workday so that if they elect to start early they must cease
removing crabs from their pots six (6) hours after sunrise in the months of June, July and August regardless of
their start time.
c) Pilot Participants licensed to catch crabs for sale may remove crabs from crab pots in the Chesapeake Bay up to
three (3) hours before sunrise on July 3 and July 4 by electing to start early in FACTSTM on those days, and must
cease removing crabs from their pots six (6) hours after sunrise
crabbymike17
Lifetime Member

The Crab Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2020, 08:47:10 PM »

Yes, only potters who are part of the e reporting pilot program.

Everyone commercial who looks at their e-reporting permit in FACTS will see it spelled out in their permit under #8:

8. Early Start Time Flexibility (June, July and August Only):
a) Pilot participants licensed to catch crabs for sale may remove crabs from crab pots in the Chesapeake Bay up to
two (2) hours before sunrise by electing to start early in FACTST as part of their start hail for each trip during the
months of June, July and August.
b) Pilot participants will observe an eight hour workday so that if they elect to start early they must cease
removing crabs from their pots six (6) hours after sunrise in the months of June, July and August regardless of
their start time.
c) Pilot Participants licensed to catch crabs for sale may remove crabs from crab pots in the Chesapeake Bay up to
three (3) hours before sunrise on July 3 and July 4 by electing to start early in FACTSTM on those days, and must
cease removing crabs from their pots six (6) hours after sunrise

Thanks for the details Jim! 

wyeman87

gotta get them mumbos

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2020, 07:14:13 AM »

Darn.  I just love monthly paper reporting.  But I do like the 2hr early start. 

Just FYI 2hr early only applies to potters

NOTHING is better then being out on the water at the crack of dawn laying that trotline out then scoopin mumbos back to back!!
Neither Crab

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2020, 05:51:04 AM »

It appears to be another special option for the guys volunteering for the e-reporting program.

Special Harvest Flexibilities for Pilot Program Participants!

Blue Crab Fishery
•NEW! Option to start 2 hours before sunrise in June, July and August
•Flexible Day Off From Crabbing – You get to pick your day off each week and it can vary week to week based on what works best for you.
•Only report on the days you go out to crab.

They left out the part where you "must" hail in and out each crabbing day. When hailing back in from your boat on the way in from your trip by tablet, I phone, smart phone ,you must claim where and what time you expect to dock ( Home, marina, launch ramp,etc.) You can not hail back  in after you get back in to the dock or to your house etc.This is done so an observer can be available to spot check you  to document your catch, crew, boat etc.  They  just want to make sure you didn't make any mistakes on your report . This is their way of looking out for you and letting you know how much they trust You. You may or may not be spot checked on any given day.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 06:34:10 AM by Neither Crab » Logged
partime59
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2020, 08:52:48 AM »

i really like it, and i have no puter skills, i cant even post a pic online, cut, paste or any of that,,,, i dont cheat so im not worried about getting checked and never have, i dont hail out while ON the boat, when i forget,hours later i get a reminder and no biggie,, so you can bash it all you want, but the day is coming when i can post pics
Neither Crab

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2020, 09:42:55 AM »

it's your choice. I was just stating all the FACTS about FACTS. They don't tell you that part until you  show up to get informed about facts .
partime59
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2020, 10:06:03 AM »

you should be in church, then maybe you will get your facts straight,, really, try it and if its too much, quit

Neither Crab

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2020, 10:17:06 AM »

I wasn't the only one there who was skeptical about their motive.
Mr. Ray III
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2020, 10:54:55 AM »

What happens if guys forget to get on the phone and say when they are coming in until after they are in?  What happens when I have no cell signal or my phone dies?

Watermen and Seafood, Can't Have One Without The Other
Neither Crab

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2020, 11:27:37 AM »

What happens if guys forget to get on the phone and say when they are coming in until after they are in?  What happens when I have no cell signal or my phone dies?
The first question was answered with they can revoke your FACTS. The second was never clearly answered. There was a waterman there that frequently fished and crabbed near a military base and lost his phone service a lot in the area. He wanted his 2 striper charter limit and was concerned he would not be able to hail out for the day. I don't know how it was resolved.
Mr. Ray III
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2020, 12:47:27 PM »

Typical of DNR to try to implement an idea without the simplest details thought through.

partime59
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2020, 03:19:16 PM »

the fake news of having to call out before you get to the dock is not the truth,,,, you can hail in and out from your computer at home or phone or any mix. you have an estimated return time on your hail in and that is not a mandatory thing as problems can come up where you have to come in early or your late. the people who go around doing spot checks dont put out an alert for your arrest if your not there. anytime there is a mix up they just ask if your alright,,,, if you get in trouble some where along the line it just goes on your record, if your a constant screw up, well they kick you out. no its not for everyone, but guess what the future will be,,, no one who has just tried tried it for awhile has left, so keep doing paperwork if you like, i do not, if i do not crab, i do nothing. the best answer here is hydroxychloroquine

Neither Crab

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2020, 05:52:51 PM »

That's not what we were told at the FACTS  meeting 4  months ago. We were told we had to hail in, at the end of our day on board our boats . Not at home on our computers.  Are you sure you got it right? Now I can see why you were never checked at your landing location. You were home already.They did mention that they had problems with watermen  that weren't at their landing at their ETA  but they never said what they wre going to do about that. Maybe you've been lucky so far?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 06:09:12 PM by Neither Crab » Logged
partime59
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2020, 06:47:52 PM »

well,,, i find that you are correct,,, good one never crab, guess i better go back and delete my unlawful comments,,, Shocked, and screw E-report! i'm quitting Tongue
lone sailor

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2020, 08:23:13 PM »

From the information I got at the meeting last year they want people in the program but if its not for you you are able to opt back out. I have no complaints and the flexible day off is a nice benefit. Ill admit I was pretty skeptical at first.
Mr. Ray III
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2020, 09:40:21 PM »

From the information I got at the meeting last year they want people in the program but if its not for you you are able to opt back out. I have no complaints and the flexible day off is a nice benefit. Ill admit I was pretty skeptical at first.

“If it’s not for you, you can opt back out”.

Until they make it mandatory and you have no other choice.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home