April 14, 2021, 07:06:33 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: rules on out of state crabbers.  (Read 1178 times)
rdbeard
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« on: April 16, 2020, 07:50:36 AM »

Is it ok for out of state crabbers to come to md to crab? Would this be breaking any new orders since this corona crisis started?
double E

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2020, 10:24:51 AM »

Rdbeard, I just went to the MD DNR website, click on the center picture of the corona virus. it has FAQ. At the bottom it has 3-4 questions covering your question. Unfortunately its written in typical MD DNR code. LOL.

https://news.maryland.gov/dnr/2020/03/31/frequently-asked-questions-about-governor-hogans-stay-at-home-order/
rdbeard
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2020, 12:09:00 PM »

Ok thx not sure why I even ask that question, along with DNR code I bet every DNR officer will interpet differently.
Seaweed
Lifetime Member

Beware of the guy in orange

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2020, 04:58:46 PM »

The original guideline on interstate travel was that if you travel between states, you're supposed to quarantine for 14 days.  But there are exceptions, one of which is travel for essential work.  Who knows where things stand now, or will stand when it warms up, but I'd be careful hauling a boat registered in a non-MD state to the bay.  You could easily get questioned.  It was clarified that it is legal to haul your boat from it's winter resting place to it's home port.

Git 'r dun!
arti0972
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2020, 11:45:35 AM »

I've been out crabbing three times already and each time I've been I've encountered boats with Deleware registration. Each time each boat had multiple ( 2 to 4) people per boat.

Howard

Be Safe Out There

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2020, 08:47:38 PM »

When I talked to a DNR officer couple days ago, he was working out of the Talbot County office. I called there because that is the county I frequent the most when I go crabbing in MD. I am also checking some spots in DE as well. I guess bottom line is...that Governor Hogan (MD) and Governor Carney (DE) will have to issue updates on their stay at home policies very soon(May 1st) and if things are improved they might relax some of the boating guidelines.
Howard

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home