July 04, 2020, 04:49:26 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Here is a Question  (Read 686 times)
xFishdogx

Ignore
« on: April 28, 2020, 08:30:42 AM »

Since our Home is located on the Potomac and have a VA creek right around the corner.  Can I buy the potomac river crabbing license to have 5 pots then also buy the VA license to have 5 pots and place them in the proper waters?  Or have my girlfriend buy the license for VA and I Potomac so they are separate.  That way we can have 10 total.  Or are we just being to greedy? 
jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

Crab'n is a way of life....

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2020, 09:52:04 AM »

First, thanks for making realize the links in the Potomac fishing rules were not working... Fixed... 

VA is 5 pots per person/license with the commercial 5 pot gear license.  You both need to be in the boat to pull all 10.  The Potomac license is 5 "per boat". That would give you a total of 15 in the water.

"Helping to Moderate the BCA since 2003" "I've gotten to the point in my life where I no longer give a [shiz] what people think, I'm not going to take any [shiz], because, frankly my dears, I am NOT in the [shiz] business." Quote from Suzy. :-)
xFishdogx

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2020, 10:41:31 AM »

I didn't think it was per person for VA.  Thanks for that update.  15 might be a bit much thinking about it.

Thanks
Wallco99

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2020, 07:48:34 PM »

I didn't think it was per person for VA.  Thanks for that update.  15 might be a bit much thinking about it.

Thanks

I'm pretty sure Jack would know.
xFishdogx

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2020, 08:05:02 AM »

Here is another question.  What's the trick in telling a #1 from #2?  I  have been told years ago if you press the corner the shell to feel how hollow it is.  If its firm, its a #1. 

Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

5 beautiful girls.........and DONE!!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2020, 08:10:25 AM »

Here is another question.  What's the trick in telling a #1 from #2?  I  have been told years ago if you press the corner the shell to feel how hollow it is.  If its firm, its a #1. 

Everyone's definition is different and there is no legal definition

My standard is rock hard under the points and male 5.75" up until July 15th, then it goes to 6" and rock hard.  This can vary depending on the location I am crabbing and what type of year it is.  More larger crabs then I move to the 6" faster.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, a crab in one hand, a beer in the other, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW--What a Ride!"
xFishdogx

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2020, 08:16:20 AM »

Thanks!  Looking forward to this year.  First time actually crabbing with topless traps so getting all the info I Can.
Wallco99

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2020, 08:19:19 AM »

Thanks!  Looking forward to this year.  First time actually crabbing with topless traps so getting all the info I Can.

Once you start pulling the trap, don't stop until it's in the boat.. Especially with topless and net rings.
jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

Crab'n is a way of life....

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2020, 04:18:39 PM »

https://www.bluecrab.info/forum/index.php?topic=34761.0

"Helping to Moderate the BCA since 2003" "I've gotten to the point in my life where I no longer give a [shiz] what people think, I'm not going to take any [shiz], because, frankly my dears, I am NOT in the [shiz] business." Quote from Suzy. :-)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home