July 04, 2020, 12:07:12 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ocean City Offshore  (Read 707 times)
jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

Crab'n is a way of life....

« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2020, 07:39:37 PM »

One of the coolest things I've seen out there was a Manta Ray laying up top, sunning itself.  No lie, it was the size of a Volkswagen Beetle...enormous!  We trolled right by it and couldn't believe the size.  I've seen some turtles out there that are almost as big.  Definitely don't want to hit one of those with your prop!!

And one of the craziest things I've seen on the water...found a jumper out there floating just south of the Bay Bridge.  Apparently it's common practice to park on the bridge and then jump.  When DNR showed up to get him out of the water, they said since he jumped in the middle of winter, he went right to the bottom because the water was so cold.  As the water warmed up, he came up to the surface.  I thought it was a mannequin at first.  Still had his jacket on and his tennis shoes, fully intact.  I poked him with the gaff and knew it was no mannequin!!  Pretty much ruined the rest of my, I can tell you that.         
We were running home hard after a day at the canyons. I drove almost on top of a sleeping whale.. The thing came completely out of the water.  Shocked

"Helping to Moderate the BCA since 2003" "I've gotten to the point in my life where I no longer give a [shiz] what people think, I'm not going to take any [shiz], because, frankly my dears, I am NOT in the [shiz] business." Quote from Suzy. :-)
Mr. Ray III
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2020, 08:01:07 PM »

We were running home hard after a day at the canyons. I drove almost on top of a sleeping whale.. The thing came completely out of the water.  Shocked

They can say whales are big all they want but until you actually see one, its hard to imagine their size.  The ocean is an amazing place.

Watermen and Seafood, Can't Have One Without The Other
U812OHNO

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2020, 06:04:52 PM »

Here's one for you, everyone has one of these to tell.  We're out fifty-five miles off shore (on my buddies boat, 24' Grady with twin 140 Suzuki's) fishing until about 3pm.  We pull the lines and start to head back.  We get about 15-20 miles into our ride when we lose a motor.  The kicker is, a storm comes up on its own, nothing in the forecast.  So not only is it really hard rain, but we get the lightening and thunder package.  It goes from 1'-2' to now 3'-5' seas.  First time in my life I ever felt the need to put on a life jacket, and you can bet your A$$ I did.  We limped back the thirty some miles at trolling speed.  We had come out of Watchapreague, VA. so if you've ever been out of there, you know you have to snake through the back bay/creek basically.  I'm out on the bow with a spotlight doing my best to navigate us through that canal trying to keep us from running aground or nailing a crab pot.  Will never forget that trip.  Turns out the impeller came apart.  First season on those motors too.  Suzuki dealer said may have sat on the shelf and dried up before it was installed...who knows.  Have a ton of respect for those Coast Guard boys that are out there fighting that stuff day in and day out.  Hope I never need them!!           
indoe
Lifetime Member

me and the wife

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2020, 09:00:45 PM »

Captain Jeremy Blunt on the Wrecker  does make up charters at times. Iíve fished with him often. Very nice guy. (410) 507-4150  Heíll get you on a list and call when open. He kills fish too. Very knowledgeable and friendly

Thanks I will give him a call.

Crabbing, Fishing and Hunting = Me happy!

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home