July 04, 2020, 11:03:32 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MD Landing Permits  (Read 289 times)
WayneW

Ignore
« on: June 21, 2020, 09:50:25 PM »

I have learned something about crabbing while on one of the bridges by route 6 in Delaware where there is a lot of tall grass.  There is something called greenheads that bite the [curd] out of you when you are trying to get bites from crabs.  In fact, I also learned this is going to get much worse through mid July.  Another down side of crabbing from land.  Need to diversify my fishing locations.  There are a lot of public boat landings on MD side including several around Wye.  We need to get landing permits to park there.  Does anyone know if that includes cars who don't actually launch boats when people just want to use the piers?  My guess is any vehicle parking there requires a permit but not sure because the permit descriptions are all centered on boat bearing vehicles.
rj

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2020, 11:03:59 AM »

it is a parking permit, you are supposed to have one to park there ,crabbing or not, including along the access roads

Please Note: Permits to use Queen Anneís Countyís landings and ramps are actually permits to park at all landing facilities throughout Queen Anneís County. This permit is now valid for launching boats at Matapeake Pier or a kayak or canoe at Romancoke Pier.

To use any of the public landings, a current permit must be displayed by each vehicle, with or without a trailer, for either the launching of a boat or for general parking. Annual permits are $35 for Maryland resident and $70 for Out of State; One-Day permits are $10 for Maryland resident and $15 for Out of State.

Annual permits are valid only when displayed on the driverís side of either the boat trailer tongue or the vehicle rear bumper. Daily permits are valid only when displayed on the windshield facing out. Launching at landings without a ramp is limited to canoes, kayaks and car-top boats.
Harford Crabber

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2020, 11:41:26 AM »

There are state parks with ramps and landings that have their rules.  Each county has different rules for the ramps and parking lots maintained by the counties.  Then there are some towns-cities that have ramps-piers-landings that have even different rules than the counties they are in. Gotta figure out exactly where ya wanna go then maybe a web search will answer your question or at least give ya a phone number to call and get an answer.

I love to fish, but I live to crab and play hard!
WayneW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2020, 10:03:11 PM »

Thanks for the feedback!  Yes I finally did find the more specific info rj posted a few days ago. 

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home