August 10, 2020, 07:26:18 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where can I get a bushel basket  (Read 1094 times)
indoe
Lifetime Member

me and the wife

Ignore
« on: July 14, 2020, 06:46:59 PM »

I usually buy a bushel of crabs 1 or 2 times a year and have no problem having a bushel basket. But I have not gotten 1 in like 2 years and need 1 since my last one is on its last leg. Can anyone tell me where I can get one near northern Baltimore county?

Crabbing, Fishing and Hunting = Me happy!
Stabilizer
Lifetime Member

Work hard, Play harder.

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2020, 08:37:52 PM »

Millerís Island Crab Pot Supply might be near you, and an interesting place to check out.

(410) 477-9008

https://maps.apple.com/place?q=Miller%27s%20Island%20Crab%20Pot%20Supply&auid=17791960052600986104&address=9100%20Millers%20Island%20Blvd,%20Baltimore,%20MD%2021219,%20United%20States&ll=39.23033132755766,-76.40029639005661
« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 09:06:09 PM by Stabilizer » Logged
shedking
Lifetime Member

Choot em

Al Sheely

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2020, 09:51:20 PM »

CrabbyD on here has them

Each one of us here today will at one time in our lives look upon a loved one who is in need and ask the same question: We are willing to help, Lord, but what, if anything, is needed? For it is true we can seldom help those closest to us. Either we don't know what part of ourselves to give or, more often than not, the part we have to give is not wanted. And so it is those we live with and should know who elude us. But we can still love them - we can love completely without complete understanding.
indoe
Lifetime Member

me and the wife

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2020, 06:54:16 PM »

I would get them from CrabbyD but he lives to far away. I could buy 4 for the price of gas I would spend to drive there.

Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2020, 06:02:11 AM »

I would get them from CrabbyD but he lives to far away. I could buy 4 for the price of gas I would spend to drive there.

How soon do you need them? 

Also, we just delivered 200 to Clydes Sports shop this past Saturday

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, a crab in one hand, a beer in the other, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW--What a Ride!"

indoe
Lifetime Member

me and the wife

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2020, 09:34:55 PM »

Tomorrow would be the best but any time in the next 2 weeks. I have decided to go crabbing tomorrow instead of fishing.

Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2020, 06:49:43 AM »

Tomorrow would be the best but any time in the next 2 weeks. I have decided to go crabbing tomorrow instead of fishing.

Sorry Indoe

I am just seeing this

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, a crab in one hand, a beer in the other, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW--What a Ride!"
indoe
Lifetime Member

me and the wife

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2020, 08:09:31 PM »

Sorry Indoe

I am just seeing this

No problem Crabbyd. I pick some up on the side of the road. No joking. For some reason there is a pile of junk where I guess the locals put stuff. Hopefully someone picks it up. But I have seen it grow over the last few weeks. While leaving I saw a bunch of bushel baskets in the pile with a few lids. I grabbed a lid and basket that looked clean and I was on my way.  laugh

rdbeard
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2020, 07:15:37 AM »

[dang] that's some good luck, I would have taken anything usable and been proud of it when it comes to baskets.
Harford Crabber

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2020, 10:40:50 AM »

I usually get mine from the "buyers" that deal with the commercial guys.  The last I got about a year ago from a buyer at Harris Creek.  He was not busy and let me pick through the stack.  I got 2 good ones for, if I remember right, $4 each with lids.    Sometimes you can get em from the folks that sell crabs on the side of the road too.   About same price.

I love to fish, but I live to crab.

rdbeard
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2020, 11:04:56 AM »

Shout out to Crabby D on baskets. I just meet up with him the other day and bought 25 used baskets with lid. The baskets were in really good condition and he even gave me a few extra lids, thx again D.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home