August 10, 2020, 07:45:39 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: When do you start baiting  (Read 750 times)
indoe
Lifetime Member

me and the wife

Ignore
« on: July 25, 2020, 10:00:50 PM »

It takes a week or so before the deer find the corn and start coming regularly. I baited a month before the season starts and got a lot of good pics and some decent bucks into the corn. But its a lot of work baiting 2 sites. When the deer start coming heavy they eat 50lbs of corn a day if not more. So I have put out 500lbs total at 2 sites. Last around 5 days. So baiting 6 times before the season starts make out to be 3000lbs of corn. It gets expensive and hard on my back. I have to carry all them myself. I have done 2 weeks before the season starts and get a bunch of does but not a ton of bucks. Maybe I should do 3 weeks before the season starts. Just wondering when everyone else starts baiting? I know this is for only some states but I hunt in MD and its legal to bait on private land.

Crabbing, Fishing and Hunting = Me happy!
Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2020, 01:08:34 PM »

It takes a week or so before the deer find the corn and start coming regularly. I baited a month before the season starts and got a lot of good pics and some decent bucks into the corn. But its a lot of work baiting 2 sites. When the deer start coming heavy they eat 50lbs of corn a day if not more. So I have put out 500lbs total at 2 sites. Last around 5 days. So baiting 6 times before the season starts make out to be 3000lbs of corn. It gets expensive and hard on my back. I have to carry all them myself. I have done 2 weeks before the season starts and get a bunch of does but not a ton of bucks. Maybe I should do 3 weeks before the season starts. Just wondering when everyone else starts baiting? I know this is for only some states but I hunt in MD and its legal to bait on private land.

All year long. 

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, a crab in one hand, a beer in the other, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW--What a Ride!"
indoe
Lifetime Member

me and the wife

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2020, 05:16:50 PM »

Im not trying to raise the deer. Just attract them to my sight.  laugh

Crabbing, Fishing and Hunting = Me happy!
Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2020, 07:07:29 AM »

Im not trying to raise the deer. Just attract them to my sight.  laugh

LOL

I'm growing them and making sure they have all they need for trophies.   Grin 

It's not non-stop.  I throw it out here and there to make them keep coming back to see if anything is there but I also have mineral sites

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, a crab in one hand, a beer in the other, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW--What a Ride!"

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home