April 16, 2021, 05:03:48 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Eastern Shore Mid Bay 8-13-2020  (Read 420 times)
Perfectionist
Lifetime Member

9" NOT my biggest, Rest are mounted and on display

Ignore
« on: August 14, 2020, 12:29:02 PM »

Set out for our afternoon trip in the rain. Rained all the way down. It wasn't suppose to let up until 6. Arrived at the ramp around 1 and low and behold only 2 trailers in the lot. Had a feeling 1 of those would be in my spot.
I was close. One boat with a trotline and metal traps. Luckily his traps ended right where we finish laying. Set out the 20 Perfectionist rings baited with half necks in the usual 6'. The crabs were in there thick. All I can say is those crabs are starving. We'd do a run or 2 and the necks were gone. Good thing it only takes us a second to flip or change the bait. We crabbed for 4 hours and caught 3 bushels. Never saw an undersized crab.
Only about 6 were paper shells. Kept a bushel which wound up being 60 crabs and the rest were released. No crab hog here. We kept watching the 2 guys with the trotline and traps. They stayed there for 3 hours. I kept thinking they should have had their 2 bushels hours ago. Never seen them replace baits in their traps. That was odd. Ours were gone in no time at all. It wound up being a beautiful day. The rained stopped after one 1 run.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2020, 11:29:29 AM by Perfectionist » Logged

I always tell myself "KISS". Keep It Simple Stupid.

Crab Ring Nets made by Perfectionist

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home