February 26, 2021, 04:18:41 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Comm Renewal Period Extended  (Read 327 times)
crabbymike17

The Crab Reaper

Ignore
« on: August 21, 2020, 05:46:43 AM »

Extension until Sept 30 for commercial crabbing renewals due to Covid. 
Mr. Ray III
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2020, 05:56:24 AM »

Remember, crabbing passed that without renewing is poaching.

Watermen and Seafood, Can't Have One Without The Other
crabbymike17

The Crab Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2020, 06:51:52 AM »

Special thanks to you and D for your knowledge and assistance of the regs.   Smiley 
Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2020, 07:22:53 AM »

Ray

Got my renewal e-mail on 8/21 saying that renewal has been extended

I'm not sure about that this year ( at least until the end of September) but I do not know for sure.  The way the letter came this year was: License Renewal Period for 2020: August 1 through August 31.  Late Renewal Period: October 1 through March 31.

What happened to September?

I think I read somewhere that there was going to be a 30 day grace period this year because you have to make an appointment for license renewals.  I renewed mine the other day.  It took me 2 weeks to get my appointment.  When I arrived, the door was locked and 5 minutes before my appointment time, an employee came out, took my temp, asked me a series of questions before I was allowed inside the building.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2020, 04:54:23 AM by Crabbyd » Logged

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, a crab in one hand, a beer in the other, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW--What a Ride!"
crabbymike17

The Crab Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2020, 08:21:14 PM »

You may have received a renewal notice from the department notifying you that your renewal must be completed before August 31, 2020. We realize that there have been unforeseen circumstances due to the pandemic which have made it difficult for licensees to renew their licenses. Therefore the department is extending the deadline for these licenses and authorizations to September 30, 2020. Existing commercial fishing licenses that are up for renewal WILL BE VALID through September 30, 2020. Striped bass authorizations must be renewed by September 15, 2020.

Based on Executive Order No. 20-06-19-01 dated June 19, 2020, the Secretary of the Maryland Department of Natural Resources (DNR) finds while certain commercial fishing licenses, authorizations and permits must be renewed timely to ensure Marylandís compliance with inter-jurisdictional management compacts including the Atlantic States Marine Fisheries Commission (ASMFC) and the U.S Food and Drug Administrationís National Shellfish Sanitation Program requirements for shellfish harvest. DNR will adhere to Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Maryland Department of Health (MDH) guidelines while issuing covered authorizations.

In order to expedite processing, certain licensees can be renewed by accessing the 2020-2021 commercial license renewal form online and then faxing, emailing or delivering it to a license center by appointment. The renewal form can be found via the following link:

https://dnr.maryland.gov/Documents/DNR_C-1_Form-Fishing.pdf 

Other licenses, such as striped bass permits, clam authorizations and oyster authorizations, require an in-person visit to our licensing centers. You can schedule an in-person appointment at each of our licensing service centers via the following link:

https://dnr.maryland.gov/Pages/License-Processing-During-COVID-19-Closure.aspx 

Sincerely,

Jeannie Haddaway-Riccio
Secretary
Department of Natural Resources

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home