March 05, 2021, 05:26:44 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dogs on our property. What do y'all do about it?  (Read 475 times)
georgierodgers

Ignore
« on: September 02, 2020, 09:49:22 AM »

Seems like every time we pull the cards on our cameras we have pictures of dogs running around. They have collars but no tags, so no luck tracking down the owners that way. I wouldn't want anyone to shoot my dogs but I also wouldn't let my dogs run free on other peoples hunting property.
What do you guys do when this sort of thing happens to you? I plan on keeping a pellet gun handy for now but as the season approaches it will bother me more and more. Any good advice is appreciated.
rdbeard
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2020, 11:08:51 AM »

visit your neibors that live the closest to you with the pics u have on camera, someone will know who they belong to
gcs

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2020, 03:09:41 PM »

It's a tough call, those dogs belong to one of the neighbors, no matter how bad those dogs act, if anything happened to them, you'll get blamed if you even just
question them about an owner. Then the stealing, vandalism and burning starts....

You either live with it, or , ..., quietly

U812OHNO
Supporting Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2020, 06:22:17 AM »

If I'm out there and a dog comes through there, I'll put one over his head.  That usually does the trick.
rdbeard
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2020, 11:23:21 AM »

gcs why would you kill the dogs quietly instead of dealing with the dogs owner if they could be found. the dogs don't know any better and killing them Huh Huh would be a cowards way out. If  the owners will not cooperate then deal with them by the law or with violence, quiely of course.

indoe
Lifetime Member

me and the wife

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2020, 08:55:17 PM »

Ya I would ask around to find the owner. If the dogs are around when you are, take them home with you and post pics of them. The owner will come get them and you can tell them they are on your property and don't want them to get shot by another hunter by mistake. To please keep them on their property.

Crabbing, Fishing and Hunting = Me happy!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home