April 15, 2021, 08:57:11 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Year End on the Chester  (Read 633 times)
shtoong
Supporting Member

I Love Crabs!

Ignore
« on: October 18, 2020, 02:04:17 PM »

Ended the season with just about 10 bushels with 10 trips out. Anyone Else care to share when they are finished? It would be interesting to here the three variables. Area, catch and trips out. I posted here only because I wanted to hear from Chesapeake Bay river crabbers.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 02:37:43 PM by shtoong » Logged
Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2020, 03:45:56 PM »

Ended the season with just about 10 bushels with 10 trips out. Anyone Else care to share when they are finished? It would be interesting to here the three variables. Area, catch and trips out. I posted here only because I wanted to hear from Chesapeake Bay river crabbers.

I wont quit until I either get skunked on a trip or very few crabs.  I have crabbed as late as Dec 1st but usually stop around Thanksgiving

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, a crab in one hand, a beer in the other, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW--What a Ride!"
U812OHNO
Supporting Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2020, 05:51:13 PM »

I just welded up an ice breaker for the front of the boat, so I'll still be going for a while too.     
Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2020, 07:36:49 AM »

I just welded up an ice breaker for the front of the boat, so I'll still be going for a while too.     

laugh laugh laugh laugh

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, a crab in one hand, a beer in the other, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW--What a Ride!"
KC_Jones
Lifetime Member

KC Wright

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2020, 08:49:55 AM »

I've got enough bait for 3 more trips, unless they stop running I'm still going.  Probably mid November and I'll be done.  Sunday I had the best day of my year, so for me things are actually picking up.

shtoong
Supporting Member

I Love Crabs!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2020, 10:00:31 AM »

Yeah wish we could have gotten out a few more times. Our boat was on land storage and we had to get out. The motor needs looking at anyway it was starting to sound a bit off. Just better to wrap it up on a good note.
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2020, 11:18:13 AM »

you did well

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab
MCC CRAB

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2020, 09:39:46 AM »

I  crabbed the Wye and Miles almost every week since mid July brought home about 1/2 bushel every trip which is all I look to catch. Will try a couple more weeks usually end just before Thanksgiving
tom on the rocks

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2020, 10:33:37 AM »

my son and I will make one more go at it this fri probably the last time. crabbed the gun and the bush all summer I think its about 10 trips for 17 bushel our best year ever, hard to quit when when its so much fun. all caught in ring traps. maybe the chester or the elk this last time just for something different. picked a lot of meat for the winter every crab cake or stuffed fish will be a memory of the summer that was!!!   

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home