December 02, 2020, 12:55:00 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Indian river 11/7/2020 Afternoon  (Read 368 times)
sailortom
Supporting Member

I love the smell of the marshes

Ignore
« on: November 09, 2020, 09:11:49 PM »

I got to the ramp at about noon, not sure what to expect.  I found a lot of other people enjoying the good weather - the Rosedale parking lot was as full as a July Saturday morning.  A lot of ramp drama but after waiting to launch I managed to get a parking spot as someone was leaving.  I was happy to have company and had no problem getting a good spot.
The water was clear and 58 degrees at the end of the incoming tide.  I put out about 14 traps with chicken.  It was very busy from the start.  A lot of very small crabs (less than 4") but a fair amount of keepers to be found.  Not much size, but they were all rusty and heavy.  I culled at about  5 1/4", with not much above 6" for the day.  Not many females, no sooks just a few small Sally's mixed with the other tiny crabs.  I crabbed in 5' to 8' with a slight advantage at the deeper water.
I ended the day with just shy of 3 dozen after 2 hours.  Very happy to have a gorgeous day in November with a good haul of crabs.  The line to take out was 5 boats deep due to more ramp drama.  I got to talk to a few others who did well also.  This is probably the end of the season for me, but we'll see what the weather does.

(pic is of me loading my half bushel basket into the steaming tray)
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2020, 03:17:32 PM »

nice , enjoy

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: