March 03, 2021, 01:39:03 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Solomons 11/20/20 and 11/21/20  (Read 1194 times)
Logan57
Lifetime Member

Crabs-from Logan Logan575757

Ignore
« on: November 23, 2020, 08:19:10 AM »

Friday was pretty breezy for the most part but I was able to lay down my lines.  Crabbing so deep, I have learned alot about current. Picked up 1 basket of dirty boys and a half of girls. Best depth seemed to be about 26 ft. Went back Saturday and layed in 25 to 35 and the crabs were definitely there. I just kept getting pulled around by the current and started seeing them drop. Still did about a full basket of males. Deepest I saw a crab done from was 33 ft. My lines are no match for that depth and current.

I'm done for good this time. This was by far my best year crabbing and learning as well. I'll do some redneck engineering over the winter and hit it hard next April.

Masters in Redneck Engineering.
polarkraft

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2020, 10:20:17 AM »

Nice catches! Saturday sure was awesome out on the water! Were you using clams again or chicken? 33-35' is way too deep for my current gear...
MCC CRAB

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2020, 10:23:01 AM »

Nice job on the crabs, good luck next year
crawdog

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2020, 11:25:53 AM »

Friday was pretty breezy for the most part but I was able to lay down my lines.  Crabbing so deep, I have learned alot about current. Picked up 1 basket of dirty boys and a half of girls. Best depth seemed to be about 26 ft. Went back Saturday and layed in 25 to 35 and the crabs were definitely there. I just kept getting pulled around by the current and started seeing them drop. Still did about a full basket of males. Deepest I saw a crab done from was 33 ft. My lines are no match for that depth and current.

I'm done for good this time. This was by far my best year crabbing and learning as well. I'll do some redneck engineering over the winter and hit it hard next April.

Struggled with this when first going deep too. How long are your lead lines on both sides of your float? For running up to 35 ft I would recommend 120-140 on each side. If your lead lines are too short, what is actually happening is your float is creating a “lift action” on your anchor. If the lines are long enough, this anchor should have a chance to set and give you an opportunity to run your line without slack. Hope this helps.
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2020, 03:53:37 PM »

WTG

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab

Logan57
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2020, 08:16:29 AM »

Logan, Hopefully your new boat is working out well for you.  Get out your flex seal and flex tape for some cool redneck engineering.  Or at least tig weld a nice new custom dipper.  Perhaps some day you'll find the chip for your GPS that you dropped in the bay.  I know the guy that scooped it out of the water.  Really cool comm crabber.  Good dreams until 2021 season.  The offseason is the time to get everything ready.  Next year will be your best season yet. 
hahahahha. I bet he is on all the good spots. Tigging up a new super slick dipper is on the top of the list. The new boat let's me finally focus on crabs and not leaks and breakdowns. Thanks for everyone's help and kind words this season
...I really hope we can have a get together in the near future.

SSKrabbyPatty
Supporting Member

Beware Mr.Krabs!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2020, 09:19:46 AM »

Question??? Were your last 2 weekends of crabbing in all open river or was it a combination of river & creek? I crab the Pax but I've never crabbed late season maybe I will try next year. Your last 2 weekends have been awesome reports,
Logan57
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2020, 01:24:07 PM »

Question??? Were your last 2 weekends of crabbing in all open river or was it a combination of river & creek? I crab the Pax but I've never crabbed late season maybe I will try next year. Your last 2 weekends have been awesome reports,
open water. Within 300 yards of the big bridge both weekends.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home