April 19, 2021, 09:16:03 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Crabbing and Living near Fenwick Island  (Read 1008 times)
blueclawfever
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« on: December 19, 2020, 04:09:25 PM »

I am thinking of buying property just west of Fenwick Island along route 20.  Can anyone recommend any good spots for either pier or bulkhead crabbing or if there are any public boat ramps?  The property I am looking at is about 12 minutes drive from the beach.

I would also be interested in anyone's opinion of the area overall.  I love the water, the beach, crabbing, surf fishing, seafood, all things nautical.  I have spent a lot of time in PA and NJ but DE is much cheaper and less snow.  I am going to be retiring in about 4 years.  Eventually would love to find a crabbing buddy.   Very interested in any input from locals.  I really appreciate it.

I have a fever....
And the prescription....
Is more crabbing !!
Gary S

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2020, 08:15:13 PM »

We have a house on a canal off rt 54, Keenwick by the Bay, mostly stay there about a week a month sometimes longer. I launch at the boat ramp beside Smitty McGees, $5.00 and then leave the boat tied behind the house, crab the upper Assawoman Bay. I like the area and even do some deer hunting in DE.
blueclawfever
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2020, 12:13:57 PM »

Thanks for the information, Gary!  It seems like a peaceful area and so close to the ocean, Chesapeake and other bodies of water.  I appreciate the input and hope you have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year...

I have a fever....
And the prescription....
Is more crabbing !!
Gary S

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2020, 07:37:45 PM »

Where abouts are you looking, I'll be down that way next week and stay for New Years although no party this year.
Uncle Nicky

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2020, 12:24:30 AM »

I recently retired to Laurel/Millsboro from PA (King of Prussia).

Assawoman WMA has 2 fishing piers & boat ramps and is near Fenwick, the piers are free with a fishing license, and you need to buy a ramp access pass to use the boat ramp.

I had some time to explore crabbing & fishing in the area this summer. I'd be happy to show you what I know. I only have a small jon boat & 5 HP motor, but I've been able to get around with the current setup. I'm also interested in finding someone to crab with, it's a lot easier to pull traps with an extra set of hands.  Grin Send me a PM if you want to talk.

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home