February 26, 2021, 07:24:39 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can't wait  (Read 276 times)
indoe
Lifetime Member

me and the wife

Ignore
« on: February 20, 2021, 10:51:19 AM »

I am so tired of this cold weather and snow. I am watching nonstop YouTube of crabbing and fishing. I have been out 4 times trout fishing but have not caught a singe fish.  Cry  I know it will be here soon but not soon enough! I'm watching some of Mach you tube crabbing. I have seen everyone of his maybe 5 to 10 times. I would be happy to catch 2 dozen crabs right now. Hoping for some nice weather to go white perch fishing when they start to run. Do some more trout fishing. Then Hoping in May the water Temps will be up so I can catch some crabs! Sorry for the rant but I can't wait for the season to start like a lot of you guys.

Crabbing, Fishing and Hunting = Me happy!
flatfish4x4

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2021, 06:50:49 PM »

I am so tired of this cold weather and snow. I am watching nonstop YouTube of crabbing and fishing. I have been out 4 times trout fishing but have not caught a singe fish.  Cry  I know it will be here soon but not soon enough! I'm watching some of Mach you tube crabbing. I have seen everyone of his maybe 5 to 10 times. I would be happy to catch 2 dozen crabs right now. Hoping for some nice weather to go white perch fishing when they start to run. Do some more trout fishing. Then Hoping in May the water Temps will be up so I can catch some crabs! Sorry for the rant but I can't wait for the season to start like a lot of you guys.
                       come on down here SOUTH MS.they catching crabs now.  water temp. hit 42 the last few days and slowed it down
king crab 48
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2021, 07:29:13 AM »

Man, I'm feelin it too!!   Let's get this party started ?   Enough of the hooded sweatshirt season!!  RIGHT Huh   I watch the U-tube too,,,,,,, THAT always costs me money !!   Gotta have new toys to get you thru the winter,,,   Grin Grin Grin
Wallco99
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2021, 10:25:41 AM »

I agree. As I look out the window and 6 more inches is falling today. Ugggggh!!!   Cry Cry
indoe
Lifetime Member

me and the wife

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2021, 01:24:03 PM »

I feel like this winter has been worse then the last few years. I hope we have a warm spring or we might have a late start to the crabbing season.

Saminal

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2021, 08:29:09 AM »

Spring / summer can't get here fast enough. I've been sprinkling JO#2 on peanuts to get me through. Bass taste much better in the winter vs summer. No algae taste.
Harford Crabber
Supporting Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2021, 08:34:46 AM »

I'm with ya indoe.  I usually enjoy yellow perch fishing in the winter but the piers I usually fish from have been pretty much non-productive this year.  I been in the boat a few times but with that ya really gotta hunt for em.  Haven't seen limit (10) so far this year.  Probly take the boat for some perch huntin Wednesday - Thursday this week.  Supposed to be decent weather I think.  Picture from about a month ago.

I love to fish, but I live to crab.
Harford Crabber
Supporting Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2021, 08:44:06 AM »

This was from last January.  After a couple hours of fishin this is what it's supposed to look like.

I love to fish, but I live to crab.
indoe
Lifetime Member

me and the wife

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2021, 08:40:03 PM »

I have been trout fishing 4 times without catching a single trout. I might try trout fishing tomorrow. I have never been into yellow perch that much. I just don't know where to fish for them. I am waiting for the white perch run to start. I will eat the big ones and use the small ones for crabbing bait. I will also use the carcasses of the bigger ones for bait as well. Can't wait to feel something on the end of my rod and a crab in my traps.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home