April 20, 2021, 07:16:29 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Got a jump on the thunder chickens  (Read 250 times)
shedking
Lifetime Member

Choot em

Al Sheely

Ignore
« on: April 06, 2021, 07:45:10 PM »

Spent a few days at my place down south and chased some turkeys around. On day 3 heard a few gobble and was hopeful. About 730 saw one appear out of my turnip patch into the mowed field. I had set a spread of Dave Smith Decoys out and had tried his new mating motion pair that is a Jake mounting a hen. They are so realistic. When the gobbler popped out and saw the decoy is like you could see his blood pressure boil over. He blew up strutted back and forth at about 150 yards. When he didnít get the attention of the decoy he came in on a trot half blown up. At about 15 yards he went full presentation. And circled in front of the decoy and approached from the side. He was ready to attack the decoy and knock the stuffing out of the Jake. As he turned to attack I ended the game. 39 yards and he didnít know what hit him. 9.5 inch beard 1 inch spurs.  If anyone is in the fence about purchasing these decoys they are worth every Penny.

Each one of us here today will at one time in our lives look upon a loved one who is in need and ask the same question: We are willing to help, Lord, but what, if anything, is needed? For it is true we can seldom help those closest to us. Either we don't know what part of ourselves to give or, more often than not, the part we have to give is not wanted. And so it is those we live with and should know who elude us. But we can still love them - we can love completely without complete understanding.
bgfishhook1
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2021, 11:46:15 PM »

Nice bird and Congrats go to you Al. How much does he weigh ?  
   I never shot one myself but I never hunted them but one time.
   I do like the taste of them rascals though. I sure am glad that
   you scored with a nice TOM . Enjoy him Al I hope he tastes as
   good as he looks.

BGFISHHOOK1
« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 10:55:48 PM by bgfishhook1 » Logged

Get it on !
A good one to remember is !
Keep your friends close, BUT keep your enemies CLOSER !
I am nobody, and nobody is perfect, therefore I am _________!
A truth that's told with bad intent  beats all the lies you can invent.
It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am ! JUST JOKING.
I thought that I made a mistake once , but I was WRONG.
Remember " A rose by any other name will smell just as  sweet  "
lefty87

Doc says I've caught the CRAB FEVER

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2021, 12:45:15 PM »

Way to go. I need to check out those decoys. I have two motion jakes one is a bass pro one and the other a mojo that has the fan go up and down and open/close as it goes back and forth.
shedking
Lifetime Member

Choot em

Al Sheely

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2021, 04:53:09 PM »

You wonít regret it. And Bob he was 17lbs

Each one of us here today will at one time in our lives look upon a loved one who is in need and ask the same question: We are willing to help, Lord, but what, if anything, is needed? For it is true we can seldom help those closest to us. Either we don't know what part of ourselves to give or, more often than not, the part we have to give is not wanted. And so it is those we live with and should know who elude us. But we can still love them - we can love completely without complete understanding.
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2021, 07:55:26 PM »

nice WTG

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab

bgfishhook1
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2021, 10:54:20 PM »

That bird is going to be giving you some fine eating Al SAVOR VERY BITE OF HIM ! ~~~~LOL .

Bobby G

Get it on !
shedking
Lifetime Member

Choot em

Al Sheely

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2021, 11:16:24 PM »

That bird is going to be giving you some fine eating Al SAVOR VERY BITE OF HIM ! ~~~~LOL .

Bobby G

I put the legs in the slow cooker and put them in low for 12 hours. Matt finally got tender enough to remove from the bone. I made some Turkey corn soup with your wifeís recipe. It was really good. Used some chicken stock cause it was so lean but still pretty amazing. Thanks for the kind words as well as sharing the special recipe

bgfishhook1
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2021, 11:22:33 PM »

I put the legs in the slow cooker and put them in low for 12 hours. Matt finally got tender enough to remove from the bone. I made some Turkey corn soup with your wifeís recipe. It was really good. Used some chicken stock cause it was so lean but still pretty amazing. Thanks for the kind words as well as sharing the special recipe
     THANK YOU MY FRIEND .
   I can see how good that bird is, I always liked it when a buddy
   called me and asked if I wanted a Wild Turkey that he harvested .
   I always said yes I'd be glad to have him, we both love that taste,
    ENJOY HIM AL !

Bobby G

Get it on !
lefty87

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2021, 03:38:59 PM »

Where did you get that bird at?  Here are a couple birds I have gotten in the past....i whiffed last year hard. misjudged my distance and wounded it. I left my range finder in the blind while I was run and gunning. Lesson learned, dont rush the hunt.  So I am going on a 3 year drought.
shedking
Lifetime Member

Choot em

Al Sheely

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2021, 09:12:49 PM »

In Mississippi. And thatís too bad. They can be hard to kill. Iíve switched to federal TSS 9 shot and everyone my group has shot with it goes lights out quick. Iíve seen some pretty crazy shots  with that stuff. Itís lethal

shedking
Lifetime Member

Choot em

Al Sheely

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2021, 09:14:39 PM »

My son

shedking
Lifetime Member

Choot em

Al Sheely

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2021, 09:17:36 PM »

Couple more
A buddies and nine from last year

lefty87

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2021, 11:33:30 AM »

great birds! there is something about the woods erupting with gobbles this time of year!  I heard two birds saturday but they wouldnt budge to come out to the field.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home