June 19, 2021, 06:55:10 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Louisiana Boiled Crabs Recipe  (Read 284 times)
Derwood

Ignore
« on: June 02, 2021, 04:55:07 PM »

Subject says it all. Use this thread to post your favorite Louisiana style crab boil recipes.

I'm from Maryland so don't worry...I already know steamed crabs with JO #2 as the spice and a mixture of light beer and vinegar is the ONLY way to go.

...but sometimes it's appropriate to try new things!

I've been interested in trying out the Louisiana style that involves Zatarans crab boil, crab spice blend, lemons, garlic, sausages, etc. I've watched about a dozen youtube videos and everyone has their own way of doing it but they seem to fall within that basic structure of ingredients. However, understanding what these cajun people are saying is another matter all together. So if anyone is willing to type out their method, I'd love to try it out! Thanks in advance.
Wallco99
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2021, 05:14:03 PM »

If you want to try something different, then try Old Bay, it's better. Don't ruin the crabs by boiling, just steam them with a BETTER seasoning. And pre-clean the crabs, so the seasoning actually gets into the meat, and your whole body is not covered in crab guts. Some ninnies will call it "mustard", but it's nothing more than GUTS, no matter how much you fake it and want to believe it.
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2021, 09:45:58 PM »

Check with Capt Ron he lives there and has s0ome killer recisipes

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab
Derwood

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2021, 09:50:34 PM »

If you want to try something different, then try Old Bay, it's better. Don't ruin the crabs by boiling, just steam them with a BETTER seasoning. And pre-clean the crabs, so the seasoning actually gets into the meat, and your whole body is not covered in crab guts. Some ninnies will call it "mustard", but it's nothing more than GUTS, no matter how much you fake it and want to believe it.

100% if I don't use JO, I do a blend of Old Bay and Kosher Salt. And of course I eat the mustard Smiley

But I would like to try the Louisiana way some time, which I think is more or less the same way they do crawfish.  Like this:
SHELLFISH
Lifetime Member

Formerly Bogman102

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2021, 02:13:19 PM »

Derwood, I just posted a thread about cooking crawdads. I recently attempted this and learned a few things!
Maybe you could try this with your Louisiana steamed Crabs! Fot me though I like my Crabs steamed with JO#2!
I then eat them with a little butter for dunking the meat and JO#1!

Retired in paradise!

capt. ron
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2021, 01:06:53 PM »

OMG

I can't believe what I'm reading.  I totally understand WHY people from the East coast don't eat boiled crabs.  They don't know how to cook them!  I don't think I had any complaints when I boiled crabs at the WYE party.  An individual can use the same recipe for crabs and crawfish but the method and cook times are different.

No matter if you boil or steam if you want your crabs to come out perfect you MUST wash the crabs before cooking.

I've been boiling crabs for 50 years,  think I know a thing or two.

laissez les bon temps rouler
let the good times roll
flatfish4x4

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2021, 04:28:05 PM »

OMG

I can't believe what I'm reading.  I totally understand WHY people from the East coast don't eat boiled crabs.  They don't know how to cook them!  I don't think I had any complaints when I boiled crabs at the WYE party.  An individual can use the same recipe for crabs and crawfish but the method and cook times are different.

No matter if you boil or steam if you want your crabs to come out perfect you MUST wash the crabs before cooking.

when u say wash do u mean back them first
Derwood

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2021, 05:38:30 AM »

OMG

Could you please share how you do it? How you wash them, the spices, herbs, boil mixes etc that you use and the cook time? I bet in five minutes you can teach me a lot of what you learned in 50 years of experience and Id love to have some of that wisdom. Ill try it and post the results. Thanks in advance!
capt. ron
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2021, 03:39:28 PM »

give me some time and I'll make a short video for everyone.  Maybe 2 weeks before I get out again.

laissez les bon temps rouler
let the good times roll

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home