June 19, 2021, 05:11:16 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 06/05/2021 First time out Old Lyme  (Read 422 times)
3 little crabbers

Ignore
« on: June 06, 2021, 07:38:27 AM »

KC48 texted me regarding his May 28th outing, so I headed down about 2:00pm and got settled in about 3:00PM.  The heat and the nats were brutal, I mean brutal.  On the good side it was NON-STOP action.  I easily netted 40+ jimmy's, though nothing worth brining home, greater than 6 inches.  I could not believe how good the crabbing was this early in the season and the fact we could have 2 back to back spectacular crabbing seasons. 

Heading back down later today for some of those bigger boys

D
MichaelD
Supporting Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2021, 07:55:53 AM »

Keep teasing the little guys. They'll come back in August as angry 7 inchers  Shocked

Smiley
king crab 48
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2021, 09:44:31 PM »

Go get em  Grin Grin Grin Grin   Fluke fishing for me today !!

tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2021, 11:52:29 PM »

good luck

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab
ducker

Hunting Crab near the Sand Bar - West Dennis

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2021, 11:40:01 AM »

ok... since it seems like they haven't made a major push up towards the Cape yet where I go.. where is Old Lyme?  Is there any possibility for Dip netting for these?  or is it all trotline/boat crabbing?  Looking for tips/suggestions/ideas on if I can make a visit to this area!!!

don't want to share out "your spot"  send me a DM - It isn't like I'm going to live there and catch all of them this summer!! I have my own honeypots I love to hit around Mid-cape Cheesy

Horsin

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2021, 02:57:30 PM »

ok... since it seems like they haven't made a major push up towards the Cape yet where I go.. where is Old Lyme?  Is there any possibility for Dip netting for these?  or is it all trotline/boat crabbing?  Looking for tips/suggestions/ideas on if I can make a visit to this area!!!

don't want to share out "your spot"  send me a DM - It isn't like I'm going to live there and catch all of them this summer!! I have my own honeypots I love to hit around Mid-cape Cheesy

Go to a map and look at the mouth of the CT river and Old Lyme is on the eastern bank.
Most of the action is boat/canoe/yaks and in my case a Zodiac as there are few shore spots to crab from as that part of the coast is where a lot of the upper class live (Katherine Hepburn used to live in Old Saybrook) so a lot of the coast is locked up in private ownership!
My advice is to save some gas and wait for your spots to come up to speed as home caught crabs always taste the best yes
AX MAN

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2021, 01:24:36 PM »

NICE DAVE, I'M HOPING TO DO A NIGHTIME SCOOPING EXPEDITION IN ESSEX OR OLD SAYBROOK SOUTH COVE

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home