August 05, 2021, 10:10:34 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 7/17 bush river  (Read 3148 times)
littledipper and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
bowman316

Ignore
« on: July 20, 2021, 08:13:22 AM »

Had motor issues but got on on the bush by 11 am. High tide was at 4. Had 19 traps. Caught 5 big crabs. So they are in the bush, but few and far inbetween.
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2021, 05:06:06 PM »

Thanks ior the report hope you get your motor fixed

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab
indoe
Lifetime Member

me and the wife

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2021, 06:12:21 PM »

I hope it picks up. Good try.

Crabbing, Fishing and Hunting = Me happy!
indoe
Lifetime Member

me and the wife

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2021, 06:18:46 PM »

What depth where you crabbing in and how long did you crab for?

Crabbing, Fishing and Hunting = Me happy!
bowman316

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2021, 07:47:56 PM »

We set near the perryman mansion, right on the other side of the bridge. And the beginning of the string in shallow water was doing best. All of them were caught in 4 or 5 feet of water. Maybe even less. We set some out near the power line pole in the middle of the river, nothing.

And the motor was leaking fuel out of the diaphragm gasket, but the second time i took it apart and back together, it started sealing again

DEB crabber
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2021, 07:57:46 PM »

Thanks for the report.  Motor problem we probably all had glad you got it running again
bowman316

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2021, 08:13:24 PM »

Was the first time i used to motor since last year, it that [dang] ethanol messing up the gaskets
bowman316

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2021, 09:01:35 PM »

Btw, otter point boat ramp is closed for construction. Seemed to be fine the way it was
Harford Crabber
Supporting Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2021, 11:43:40 AM »

Otter Creek boat ramp will be closed probably for whole season.  I hear they're regrading and replacing the whole thing.  I hope they "re-line " the parking lot too. 
 Crazy place.  I was launching my boat last year and some "nice folks" came while I'm launching and parked their car with kayaks on top in the last "TRAILER" spot.  I told em I was gonna park there and the guy says We got it first.... Gotta love em. 

I love to fish, but I live to crab.
BigCountry14

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2021, 11:51:25 AM »

Otter Creek boat ramp will be closed probably for whole season.  I hear they're regrading and replacing the whole thing.  I hope they "re-line " the parking lot too. 
 Crazy place.  I was launching my boat last year and some "nice folks" came while I'm launching and parked their car with kayaks on top in the last "TRAILER" spot.  I told em I was gonna park there and the guy says We got it first.... Gotta love em. 

Not that I condone it, but one time a few years ago on a busy day at the Peach Bottom ramp in Delta, someone had done a similar thing like this and parked a small truck in the last trailer space (with plenty of open car spots) and upon our return to the ramp, someone had keyed in very large letters a reference to male reproductive parts down the side of the truck.

Range Runner

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2021, 12:05:17 AM »

Two heavy crabs and an ear of corn and I'm happy.
Wallco99
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2021, 09:48:30 AM »

Btw, otter point boat ramp is closed for construction. Seemed to be fine the way it was

Why the [Sam Hill] can't they do the construction during the offseason? Especially if it's "fine the way it was", as you stated. Government agencies just have no clue.
Harford Crabber
Supporting Member

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2021, 02:32:14 PM »

rode by there the other day mid week to see the progress.  It was about 11 AM and a crane is there and do not cross tape is up... No sign of any work going on and nobody in sight.  At this rate it might take em a few years to get it done!!!

I love to fish, but I live to crab.
bowman316

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2021, 08:12:12 AM »

If the trailer parking is full, you can pay for a spot of the marina next door. I hate when cars park in the trailer parking, they were doing that yesterday at dundee creek.
The ramp was shallow, you had to back in till your truck tires were underwater to get the boat floating.
johnc21236

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2021, 12:13:27 PM »

From what I read today on the otter point ramp closure, this was in the sun paper in June apparently:

The boat launch will closed for major renovations around June 15, the Harford County Department of Parks and Recreation announced. The work is expected to take about five months to finish.  The county needed to wait until June to do the work because of environmental permit restrictions, according to a news release from the county.  Renovations at Otter Point will involve demolition and removal of the existing boat launch, the installation of a new boat launch, a new canoe/kayak launch, a new floating dock, and repaving and re-striping of the parking lot, according to the county’s announcement. During construction, the boat launch and parking area will not be available for use.

SteveL

I Love Crabs!

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2021, 12:52:06 PM »

In many cases the "construction window" for projects that impact aquatic resources is intended to minimize adverse impacts of the construction to spawning fish and early life history stages of fish (eggs, larvae, small juveniles) in the springtime (March-June).

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home